Discuss 13a S/O on 10a Circuit (Imposter Syndrome) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm having a terrible bout of imposter syndrome here - I can't find anything electrically wrong with my intention - but it feels a bit off.

Commercial (School), small annexxe with no socket outlets (this isn't unusual - I've seen ample amounts of both poor planning in schools and plenty of downright dangerous practices - but that's one for the other thread)

They want power for an iPad which is housed in a frame on the wall doing some kind of display. Imagine my delight when I lifted a ceiling tile and found all the lighting on MEM/Rock/Klik Roses - complete with one spare rose. It's all Throlux flourescent fittings here, fed from a C10 RCBO (C I assume for startup current of the florry's) all wired in 1.5mm LS0H dated 2017 (see - poor planning - would have been easy to pull some socket circuits in at the same time).

So - although not 'proper' I can't see any issue here electrically with connecting an extension lead style single 13a outlet to the end of a Klikrose on a short length of 1.0mm flex and plugging the 300mA (primary side) charger into it - although above a suspended ceiling and unlikely to ever have a heater plugged in by accident it will of course be clearly labelled in multiple locations.

However my brain then started going down the route of 'perhaps downfusing with an FCU in-line at 3a' - but I can't really justify the need for this - as I say - I think I'm overthinking and getting imposter syndrome here.

The circuit can more than handle it, the circuit and cables will all remain adequately protected - why doesn't it feel right? Should I think less?

Cheers

Reply to 13a S/O on 10a Circuit (Imposter Syndrome) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net