Discuss 3.6kw oven on a 13amp plug top. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

presumably they make 10 Amp fuses for appliances rated less than 10 Amps? Of which,an appliance which is rated at 14 Amps,is not such an appliance.

Sorry, I'm confused. What current would a 2kW heater draw?

I reckon between 8-9 Amps.

You seem to have quoted a 2kW heater and now jumped back to an oven when questioned about your statement that a 2kW heater melts a 13A plug top.

Sorry, I'm confused. What current would a 2kW heater draw?

I reckon between 8-9 Amps.

You seem to have quoted a 2kW heater and now jumped back to an oven when questioned about your statement that a 2kW heater melts a 13A plug top.

read the thread from the start and your confusion will be removed,

which will probably occur in time..hence the wild suggestion that an alternative means of connection be considered.:)

You are still confused. I am talking about the fact that you stated a 2KW appliance would somehow damage a 13A plug-top. I am NOT talking about the original 3.6KW question. Daz

You are still confused. I am talking about the fact that you stated a 2KW appliance would somehow damage a 13A plug-top. I am NOT talking about the original 3.6KW question. Daz

I have answered that question already,read the entire thread and not just 1 comment and then you will be aware of the context in which said comments were made. :). Dpg

Ok. Just to help DPG and me out here, what exactly happens when you connect a 2kW heater using a plug top?

I appreciate that you may have already answered before, but it seems that I (and maybe DPG) can't pick out the answer despite having re-read the thread. :)

Right, why does a good quality 13A plug melt when used with a standard 13A socket and a 2KW load then? Daz

I guess we aren't going to find out what the issue is then. Daz

Yes come clean mate what happens when to a plug top when you plug it into a 13a socket with a 2KW load? I'm dying to find out

I'd quite like to know what happens to a 13a Socket on a 2kW load as well?

We're queuing up for this answer :smile5:

Good grief it's obvious, if you put a 2k appliance on a plug top then your daughter will become a heroin fuelled prostitute and your son will become a rent boy because their home will have vapourised because of your negligence.

You're all talking about plug top fuses being sized to the appliance, when in fact they are to be sized to the cord connected to the appliance as that's what they are intended to protect, NOT the appliance!!

Reply to 3.6kw oven on a 13amp plug top. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net