Discuss advice for fitting new electric oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

At a well-educated guess, you should have a minimum cable of 6.0mm
once you take the old oven out you should be able to post a picture of outlets behind as there are several different ways the existing could be done.

most electricians would charge around £50 -£55 for that. it's only an hour's work including a quick test to prove the circuit healthy. for DIY you just isolate ( preferably at the consumer unit) and use the existing cables by dissing at the oven and hob themselves and just connecting into the new appliance/s. however, some of these newer appliances are a bitch to connect the terminals, so for the sake of the £50 i'd get a professional in. ( but don't let some muppet try and talk you int rewiring with 10mm cable, as some of the newer generation of sparks would advise).

however, some of these newer appliances are a bitch to connect the terminals, so for the sake of the £50 i'd get a professional in.
Agree, had a job just like that before xmas, new cooker and hob, the cooker had the most frustrating termination block on the back, it had a screw, 2 push in clips and another clip that needed to be pushed in and lifted at same time whilst pushing the top as the plastic had flexed and moved at some point. It made it a nightmare. once done you could then reach the prize of 3 screw terminals!

Agree, had a job just like that before xmas, new cooker and hob, the cooker had the most frustrating termination block on the back, it had a screw, 2 push in clips and another clip that needed to be pushed in and lifted at same time whilst pushing the top as the plastic had flexed and moved at some point. It made it a nightmare. once done you could then reach the prize of 3 screw terminals!
had same last week. also the kitchen fitter muppets has installed the hob and siliconed it in when there wasn'taflexconnected for the ignition.had to fathom out how to open the cover, then connect flex, lying on back with the oven pulled out.

don't bin the old one. if you want to get rid and do some good at same time, contact age concern.

Look, check the side of the Oven, there is an information there, you will see the voltage Ratings and the wattage. You have to use the Amps on the Oven to select the circuit breaker

Think he'll have fitted it and cooked several dinners with it by now :)

Reply to advice for fitting new electric oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net