Discuss Any ideas fo flood lights to uplight a manor house? warm light rather than white/blue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bleach

-
Reaction score
Hi all!

Im looking for 5/6 flood lights to up-light a manor house. Customer wants a warm light and not too bright but subtle. Cheap. Most leds are on the cool white of the k scale that I have seen? The lights will be on the ground about 3-4 metres from building which is 12-15 metres high.

any ideas most welcomed!! :)

Re: Any ideas fo flood lights to uplight a manor house? warm light rather than white/

LED Wall washers maybe?

Re: Any ideas fo flood lights to uplight a manor house? warm light rather than white/

candles... they're warm. :tounge_smile:

Anything under around 3000k should give effective but not cold or 'blue' light.

If you're going to use floodlights on a 15m wall from 4 meters away you'll need asymmetrical reflector floodlights to get an even spread of light.

Hi all!

Im looking for 5/6 flood lights to up-light a manor house. Customer wants a warm light and not too bright but subtle. Cheap. Most leds are on the cool white of the k scale that I have seen? The lights will be on the ground about 3-4 metres from building which is 12-15 metres high.

any ideas most welcomed!! :)
typical customer. They want it to look great but don't want to spend any money! Next they'll be wanting you to wire it in T&E!

Thanks for the replies chaps!.... Think I am swaying towards some 70watt son floods due to colour and price.

second vote for the 70watt SONs. cheap and cheerful.

It's worth checking that the manufacturers instructions allow the floodlights to be used as uplighters as not all are.

What is the minimum time to have them on dave? Customer is looking at 2 hours each evening on a timer... Does that seem ok?

What is the minimum time to have them on dave? Customer is looking at 2 hours each evening on a timer... Does that seem ok?

should be OK. the point with SONs is that they take a minute or so to warm up, then once switched off, they need to rest for 20 mins. before re-striking.

Par 38, ha ha who remembers them.?
remember them???? we've got 6 in the garden (spike lights). different colours.

Par 38, ha ha who remembers them.?

Along with the PAR 16,20,36,40,56 and 64, they are all still available.

But how many electricians know what PAR means and what the numbers actually relate to?

Well, I just learnt something there Dave. :)

And they are measured the same way as fluorescent lamps as well.

Reply to Any ideas fo flood lights to uplight a manor house? warm light rather than white/blue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net