Discuss best tool to chop 150mm 4core swa in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have a little rage saw on the van for cutting up bits that are down

Evolution Rage 4 185mm 1250W Chop Saw 110V | Chop Saws | NoLinkingToThis

use your teeth man

Bond_24_66904.jpg

or if you have a weak jaw like the rest of us mortals, power tools.

let us know what you end up using

I've bought a recip saw today and I've got 5 metal blades to take out around 2 lengths of 20 metres. As far as I see it it's an investment as these jobs come up now and again. Doing it on Sunday so I'll keep you's all posted.

I've bought a recip saw today and I've got 5 metal blades to take out around 2 lengths of 20 metres. As far as I see it it's an investment as these jobs come up now and again. Doing it on Sunday so I'll keep you's all posted.
...Have a lie in,i've asked around the camp,and we're in Saturday night...:stooge_curly:

we have a battery powered cutter.. can cut upto 630mm. batteries can be swapped into the compression tool when crimping also.. real handy if your doing lots of terms or pulling in big cables alot but recipro is ok when you have alot of space

If it's on the floor then a chop saw makes light work of getting it into managable lengths. If it's up in the air then clearly something hand held is needed. I would be tempted to use a recip saw like Dillb suggested. Either that or a pack of fresh 18tpi hacksaw blades and your best w*nking arm

Think you have a typo on 'working arm' ;)

Problem with using a grinder or similar is the amount of smoke and fumes it kicks out...

I'd recommend a battery bandsaw, buy the bare body that matches your drill set so you can use your batteries, bosch, hilti or what ever...

I'd post a link but my phones playing up...

Problem with using a grinder or similar is the amount of smoke and fumes it kicks out...

I'd recommend a battery bandsaw, buy the bare body that matches your drill set so you can use your batteries, bosch, hilti or what ever...

I'd post a link but my phones playing up...
if you use tct blades etc then very little.

if its that much of a problem bolt cutters would work

would be better off with these

ive seen them in city's

e397d631d7aa367aa572ab02479f00c7.jpg

Just a wee update for all. A reciprocating saw was purchased and a pack of 5 bosch blades for cutting metal. We managed to strip most of it out and get it cut into metre long tusks. Took around 45 mins to strip it out and cut it all. Definitely recommend the recip saw. Thanks to all the posters and the advice given. Am off to strip all the insulation now!!

Reply to best tool to chop 150mm 4core swa in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net