Discuss board change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

But a ZE not a ZDB
right:
the pic shows me carrying out a Ze to the property....i do this before any board change to confirm there is actually a proper earthing to the property...
now, this being flats after i had confirmed there was a good earth to the building i then got a Zdb at the board before replacing it...
the PFC i put down was the one i got when confirming the Ze in the pic....its going to be higher than the one i get at the board isn`t it...so as far as i`m concerned its covered...
hope this clears up any confusion.
Glenn.

Nice to see some pics in progress, I'm looking on my phone so quite small pics but in pic 2 doing ZE what is your earth lead connected to? It looks like you haven't disconnected the main earth it looks like your testing all the flats earths? Could be wrong though small pics on phone, you look like that guy who won triple jump at the Olympics ( but slightly bigger :love:)

Looks like you have lost your marbles again lol

I think onions is trying to say your are carrying out a zdb in your photo in your photo it shows all earthing cables to your earthing block, to carry out a true ze there should only be your main earth connected but you know that right lol nice neat job by the way good to see there are still some guys in the trade that take pride in there work :)

I think onions is trying to say your are carrying out a zdb in your photo in your photo it shows all earthing cables to your earthing block, to carry out a true ze there should only be your main earth connected but you know that right lol nice neat job by the way good to see there are still some guys in the trade that take pride in there work :)
no..the pic shows me carrying out PFC...thats why all the G/Ys are in the block....the other pic i posted shows me doing a Ze at the intake position....
i then went on to get a Zdb at the board .....

this is the board change i said i was on with this morning:

View attachment 19037this is the intake arrangements for the 4 flats

View attachment 19038getting a Ze=0.09

View attachment 19039the existing 4 way BS3036 board

View attachment 19040old board removed & finals broken out ready for IR and (R1 R2)

View attachment 19041(R1 R2) at the furthest point on the lighting circuit=1.28

View attachment 19042new board going on

View attachment 19043new board straight & level minus cover

View attachment 19045a closer look

View attachment 19044all dead testing has been done....IR was good...the lowest came back at
18 meg with nothing borrowed/shared ...now ready for the cover to go on & energise....Zs & RCD then sticker up and clean any mess made before leaving....:wink:

MAIN EARTH NOT DISCONNECTED FOR Z.e mate

This forum makes me laugh out loud at times, Glenn is a fantastic spark and a valued member, we all know he knows his stuff, and yet some here think they can try to spot a tiny error in a sentence here and there and try to make themselves look a better man LMAO, he knows what a ZE is, and he knows how to carry one out, the picture with the ZE written next to it is irrelevant, try posting up a dozen pictures to the site and post without any error LOL, who cares, now if he would have said this is me carrying out ring main r1 and r2 check and his tester stuck into a light fitting and as it was Friday yes we could have had a laugh with it, come on lads stop being silly.

I don't think anyone is laughing at him at all and as I said in my earlier post its good to see there are still some tradesmen that do take pride in there work, I think what we are pointing out is his error be it in the photo or miss spelling. Seeing some of glens posts I'm sure he would do the same as I know he is one for the banter too :), this forum does puzzle me sometimes, give a little banter you get stick, ask for genuine advise you get google it. Sigh

I don't think anyone is laughing at him at all and as I said in my earlier post its good to see there are still some tradesmen that do take pride in there work, I think what we are pointing out is his error be it in the photo or miss spelling. Seeing some of glens posts I'm sure he would do the same as I know he is one for the banter too :), this forum does puzzle me sometimes, give a little banter you get stick, ask for genuine advise you get google it. Sigh
yeah that's true

Don't know how you manage to stand on those steps for any length of time, i've got some and they kill my feet. I have to use steps with treads as opposed to bars. Good pics, looks a nice job.

Don't know how you manage to stand on those steps for any length of time, i've got some and they kill my feet. I have to use steps with treads as opposed to bars. Good pics, looks a nice job.
well...i have to admit i have just got back from a bad ankle injury....it it was giving me some jip after being on them steps for some time......
settles back down again after a while though...it all takes time i suppose....

Dont start talking about ladders with Glenn, he did'nt read the instructions on the side and fell off PMSL :rofl:

Nice tester you've got there Glenn, pity you left it in the back of the gaffers van yesterday and you had to borrow mine this morning. If you break it you pay for it lol. Anything to help out a mate :wink:

My mental picture of Glen before I met him was a bit like this:-

imagesCAML35GC.jpg

I was'nt far off.

I know you will get your own back Glen :wink:

lol , well i never , glenn in action pics , who'd have thought it ;-)
the biggest surprise is that he doesnt wear a jungle camoflauged commando outfit.
:)

Reply to board change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net