Discuss BS 3036 fuses not allowed for new circuits!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is what my assessor has told me!

He states that the BS3036 does not meet the 0.4s disconnection times and cannot be used for any new work.

I do not have a BRB so cannot see the disconnection times for a 3036.

Surely he is wrong? He is suggesting that we have to change the 3036 if we want to carry out any work.

Bit cross... I did not like him at all.. different bloke to last time!

sorry, I do have the disconnection times for 3036 in the BGB...but surely it's dependent on the Zs?

Last edited:
Sorry, I may have worded it incorrectly..

I dont mean to put in a new BS3036 board. I simply mean to carry out work in a household that has a BS3036.

He has stated that if you want to add a new circuit to the electrical installation in a house which is protected by BS3036 rewireable fuses then this would be unsafe as they do not meet the 0.4s disconnection times. he has said that you would need to change the board.

In fact he said all BS3036 boards should be change as they are dangerous and do not meet the 0.4s disconnection times

that assessaor will be a delight to the Electrical Trainee's who want to recoup their £6000+ asap. " that's board's illegal, mrs. pensioner i'll have to replace it for £500".

something like:

S2606_106766_00_PP_515Wx515H.jpg

that assessaor will be a delight to the Electrical Trainee's who want to recoup their £6000+ asap. " that's board's illegal, mrs. pensioner i'll have to replace it for £500".

I would go as far as advising that they move out until the work is carried out for safety reasons ...

Some of these inspectors are self employed , and float from one scam to the other I had noticed on some paperwork once ...

Reply to BS 3036 fuses not allowed for new circuits!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net