Discuss capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think you will find on new builds it is. Obviously not possible on rewires, which seems to be the brunt of your business

Once it's plastered over, can't see what difference it makes how it's installed as long as it complies with BS7671

He said most "most domestic jobs" not "new build domestic" ...read the post ..if i posted that you would be jumping on it.

Your second comments pretty contradicting to your usual posts ...I could install plenty of stuff that complies but looks like ****.....but whens its plastered over who cares ? you have changed your tune.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll just have to agree to disagree there then! :)

deal :)

Sorry to clarify, I meant weather it is clipped or capped. Never going to be seen again is it?

I know what he wrote, I was just trying to explain it. As I put it's pretty obvious you won't dot and dab a rewire unless the house is gutted.

Sorry to clarify, I meant weather it is clipped or capped. Never going to be seen again is it?

I know what he wrote, I was just trying to explain it. As I put it's pretty obvious you won't dot and dab a rewire unless the house is gutted.

Yeah well for me clips look crap...capping is much better to look at. Same reason my consumer units are tidy, you don't see a thing when the covers on. Its called pride in work.

He said most "most domestic jobs" not "new build domestic" ...read the post ..if i posted that you would be jumping on it.

Your second comments pretty contradicting to your usual posts ...I could install plenty of stuff that complies but looks like ****.....but whens its plastered over who cares ? you have changed your tune.

- - - Updated - - -

deal :)

I was on about new build jobs mainly use dot and dab. Like I said I would not generally use capping on re wires as its often not required.

Looks good. Should have used a stanley knife to score the edge of the channel though so it wouldn't cause the paint to chip and leave rough edges.

what?? have you seen the price of stanley blades?

Gosh, 6 cables into the box, wheres it all going Mr D? It looks fine to me!

If I remember right, loop in, loop out, circuit one, circuit two, circuit three, two way for circuit three :)

I bet the plasterer was glad to see that raggle!!....

Doesn't bother him in the slightest!

Looks good. Should have used a stanley knife to score the edge of the channel though so it wouldn't cause the paint to chip and leave rough edges.

Skim coat is far easier to blend into a rough edge as opposed to a neat one :)

I will always use capping regardless of whether its needed or notfor me its a better job and i use an impact driver and screw into the joints between the bricks works a treat

I will always use capping regardless of whether its needed or notfor me its a better job and i use an impact driver and screw into the joints between the bricks works a treat

In some houses screwing straight into the cement between brick works great too.

edit just read your post through again "joints" between brick. Yeah does work well !

If I remember right, loop in, loop out, circuit one, circuit two, circuit three, two way for circuit three :)

Doesn't bother him in the slightest!

Skim coat is far easier to blend into a rough edge as opposed to a neat one :)

Whoops! Sorry, just glanced briefly and thought it was for a socket!!!

Capping cables regardless of need takes longer & costs more.

so thats for a rich man with loads of time.

Dot & Dabs, never bother. Spreads trowel will never see the cable.

Reply to capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net