Discuss Conduit coupler with threading on both ends in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I am doing a installation of two outdoor sockets

They are going to be positioned next to each other

so what I wanted to do was drill through the wall into one of the sockets then take a coupler of some sort connecting both of the outdoor sockets together to then take the cables to the second socket

negating the need to drill two holes through the customers walls

however I’m struggling to find a straight through coupler that has threading either side so I can attach a lock nut

does anyone know where to find these or if there is any alternatives.

I understand one alternative would be to get two female couplers and a little length of conduit but with them going so close together I thought they may just be a gland or coupler with threading either side that I can use

thank you for your help

Hi

I am doing a installation of two outdoor sockets

They are going to be positioned next to each other

so what I wanted to do was drill through the wall into one of the sockets then take a coupler of some sort connecting both of the outdoor sockets together to then take the cables to the second socket

negating the need to drill two holes through the customers walls

however I’m struggling to find a straight through coupler that has threading either side so I can attach a lock nut

does anyone know where to find these or if there is any alternatives.

I understand one alternative would be to get two female couplers and a little length of conduit but with them going so close together I thought they may just be a gland or coupler with threading either side that I can use

thank you for your help
Standard conduit coupler and use 2 Male brass bushes instead of threads and locking rings simples.

I'm guessing the OP is working in PVC and AFAIK there is no PVC equivalent of the steel conduit coupler. I often wondered why too, as it looks odd if everything is in PVC except for a steel coupler, and two female adaptors back to back with a stub of conduit to join them is needlessly long and clunky.

I think he is just going through the wall with a cable and needs a method to couple the sockets together.

A method that works with metalclad fittings to get things close together is a long male bush through from one box with a lockring between the two and a female bush and/or lockring in the other box. There are no long PVC bushes either, but a brass bush with a PVC lockring between the fittings would look correct.

Out of interest only, are you extending an RFC, or feeding via an FCU?

Reply to Conduit coupler with threading on both ends in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net