Discuss Consultation - the top priority in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stevechorner

Guys,

Been thinking over the last couple of days of what is the biggest draw back of the proposed new FIT conditions with a view to being able to constructively highlight the key errors in "Barking's" recommendations.

If most people put the "new" Energy Certification recommendation at the top of their list followed by the December 12th recommended date as being ridiculous and it should be at least April 2012 and this message was consistently portrayed as the key areas that are drastically incorrect then it may put a little more pressure on HMG to amend these considerations as a "give and take" solution when the proposals are finalised.

The reason I think these 2 are of top priority are that as 84% of all housing is below Level C standard at the current time upgrading to Level C will effectively add say an average of £5000 to the future cost of installing domestic Solar PV and make it too expensive for your average Joe Bloggs to continue with. You can imagine the convos can't you......"Well Mrs Smith, the Solar will cost you £10,000 but first of all you need to spend £5000 before we are allowed to do it"......"Errrrmmm.....Oh Dear.....I have about £10000 and the extra will put it out of my savings range and also massively reduce my rate of return long term so perhaps I won't bother at the moment....Thank You......".... Not only have you spent more time on providing the details for her but you are much less likely to get an order at the end of it !

The key reason i think the date should be the second major point on all lists on consultation is the fact that it allows the industry to plan slightly better for the anticipated reduction in Solar PV implementation over the coming years and will allow you all as businesses to reflect on reduced Solar workloads from April 2012 and plan any other opportunities you may have to remain in business and go forward.

If everyone put these 2 things at the top of their consultation lists in a sensible and not too alarmist manner (bite your tongues when typing) then I think there may yet some common sense prevail when the finalised recommendations are made after the 23rd December.

Of course it's easy for me as a customer to sit idly by and think I know it all when I'm not professionally involved in all your current horrific issues that you are suddenly having to face each day and I've never been one for heights anyway but that doesn't mean I don't care or shouldn't say my piece even though I have little doubt some of you may think I'm sitting on my horse lecturing you.....sorry if you feel that way....just trying to help.....

I sincerely hope that the recommendations do NOT go through unamended or I fear for your businesses.....i would urge all involved in the business to consider these 2 key points as the first 2 you raise in responding to the consultation process and if there is consistency on that then I think you may all yet have a chance to survive, refocus and continue. All the best to you in your struggles !

Reply to Consultation - the top priority in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net