Discuss Customer demanding a refund in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was paid twice and the customer was in a panic (£75) so I said no probs and it was back in his account the next day. Another customer paid me £380 until I sent her an email to say thanks for the thought but what did I do to deserve this then got a nice thank you back for my honesty

I even told her that as a good will gesture I will give her that value of work (off a higher amount of course) but she said no.

Be very careful making any kind of offer, even a goodwill gesture, it might be seen as an admission of guilt if it goes anywhere near a court of law..

I was over the phone - no proof and also to try and get more some work off her - but no!

Im sure that shows it completely! Pulling a fast one!

When I was in her place of work - the girls working there told me that they have seen over 10 sparkys in the last year - all doing different jobs but none of them come back - that should of told me there and then!

Send her a complaint form

Make one up on word and state that it is company procedure that you do not progress any complaint until you recieve the information from her

I can pm you my one and you can alter if you wish

Express that you are deeply concerned at her apparent loss - but make sure you point out that you have only received payment once and it is not unknown for banks to make errors

State that you have taken advice and that you are fully satisfied that you have recieved payment only once and that she take it up with her bank.

I also put a line at the end along the lines of

Nicolas Electrical take customer complaints very seriously but company procedures mean that no communication will be entered into unless complaint procedures are followed by the complainant. Should the complaint form not be recieved within 5 working days the company will consider the matter closed and will not entertain any further communications on this matter until the complaint form has beed recieved.
State that no calls will be answered and no letters or emails will be replied to until you have all the details on the form in your posession and that you now consider the matter closed.

This customer was refured to me from an agent - yes she is a landlord as well.

Yes the same agent who I was having problems with collecting payment from - should of said alot!

She is saying she sent me a BACs 2 weeks after paying me - stupid or what!

I am not sending her my company accounts - nothing to do with her!

I will let the bank deal with it - at the end of the day if she had then I would of refunded it.

I am not sending her my company accounts - nothing to do with her!

If she carries on surely all you would need to do is visit her, and show her your business bank account statement(s) for the period she is referring to.

Frustrating this may be but she sounds like a bit of a nightmare, so I'd be taking the issue back to her and "showing" her that you didn't receive a BAC's payment from her.

You didn't ask for a second payment so I see no problem whether she paid twice or not. Its her mistake, but seriously who ever pays twice? Its hard enough getting paid once most of the time.
If she paid twice its called a tip!
I wouldn't give it a second thought, its her problem not yours, she has no basis for complaint.

You didn't ask for a second payment so I see no problem whether she paid twice or not. Its her mistake, but seriously who ever pays twice? Its hard enough getting paid once most of the time.
If she paid twice its called a tip!
I wouldn't give it a second thought, its her problem not yours, she has no basis for complaint.

Can you legally do this? if they are demanding that you return the money - I know its not the case in my situation but can you get away with this?

I forgot to mention - she paid 3 weeks late with the cheque anyway so the so called BACs would of been 5 weeks late! - in this situation you could always call it interest

I forgot to mention - she paid 3 weeks late with the cheque anyway so the so called BACs would of been 5 weeks late! - in this situation you could always call it interest

If she has paid you twice, and you do have the money, you HAVE a moral obligation to return the 2nd payment, unless of course you're trying to get the reputation of being a cowboy!

Like I said the so called BACs - didnt happen - I was refuring to the previous post when they said it was a tip if had it.

Either way didn't have it so letting the bank sort it

Yep get her to confirm the 2 dates she paid you and then reference it with your own bank statements if they shop up pay her if not explain that you received the first payment but not the second and ask her to take it up with her bank

Why did you offer a goodwill gesture if you have only been paid once?

Sorry if this sounds harsh but that was a ridiculous thing to do. That customer will no harass you even more thinking you are a pushover and if they harass you enough you will crack and pay them.

Tell her to provide proof or jog on!! Simples.

not a customer you want, and even if your good customers know you they wont listen to hear say as their electrics dont knock on next doors or trips every 5mins, or falls off wall..

this has happened a few times to me with a letting agent paying me and then the landlord sending a cheque for the same invoice.
i always return it as honesty usually is the best policy in this scenario
a few years back i had this landlord going totally mental at me down the phone cos the letting agent had payed me and he had sent me a cheque , his error tho.accused me of all sorts and was really aggressive. i played it nice and calm and could not have been more pleasant to him, went through to my office found his cheque in the in tray, checked the invoice was payed etc etc. told him i would return his cheque as a matter of urgency and if i ever crossed paths with him again iwas gonna go to his office and nail his f***** ear to his f***** desk.kinda stopped him in his tracks. ha ha....i usually get on well with my customers tho

This customer in question has been mouthing off now to the agent who passed her onto me - Agent has now refused to allow me to do any working for them - swearing at me down the phone and everything.
Last thing he told me was if Im seen near his place or the said customers place then the said customer will put me into the ground - Police already informed!

All this because the silly woman claims she paid me twice! HOW CHILDISH!

There is one thing that I havelearned running a business is not to lose the rag at a customer let out a scream in the car but no I had one that messed me about something terrible so I said sorry I withdraw from the job. Well I wont pay you came the reply ok no problem ok then well that was the start of my problems as her ego could not accept that I walked away and the power she thought she had was never really there as she thought she was holding all the cards ie the money. She even went as far to slag me off via feedback but luckily I put in a measured response and it died a death.

But I am afraid that we just have to contend and sometimes contain people like this and thank goodness it is just a minority

Reply to Customer demanding a refund in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net