Discuss EICR Help required from some of you testing experts. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

My apology if you thought that was meant for you,it was just old folks banter

Too many problems listed to comment on them all
Next issue is on downstairs sockets, tests r1,rn, fine but r2 relationship 2.5/1.5 ratio is way off ! r1 0.44, rn 0.44, r2 16.8 kOhms !! wtf ?
Thinking nasty connection on cpc somewhere anyone seen similar before ripping apart the circuit.

16,800 ohms will likely be open circuit rather than a nasty connection,that reading should be assessed in conjunction with the insulation resistance test on that circuit,it could be a reading of the cpc s of a open circuit with continuity via any appliances and associated copper pipes
No apologies needed, just unfortunately old enough to remember having those put across my ear lobes in my first year when the 16th came out & of course returning the favour a lot !

If there is a genuine IR fault it will be indicated with a 250v test so I would be tempted to accept the value under this test. Rcd sockets can give false readings due to their inherent connection to earth but it is rare for a 250v test to eliminate this.

The only time I may investigate a fault is with an IR reading on a circuit with socket outlets and only if a 250v test does not clear it.

Just in case I just bought a Megger MIT 330 on a great deal on evilbay as a stand alone tester too for every eventuality ! It was Westwards fault making me buy new toys ! Although did a load of testing today and the MFT was faultless on all tests so likely just a really bad install again.

Reply to EICR Help required from some of you testing experts. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net