Discuss Enecsys: your experience in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

solarcat

Hi all,

what is your experience with Enecsys single and duo microinverters? In case of partial shading are they really worth the extra cost? Are they not less efficient than larger inverters because of all the additional cabling?

I am sure that I read somewhere that they are no longer availabe, sorry, but I do not have any more information than that.
I hope this helps.

I am sure that I read somewhere that they are no longer availabe, sorry, but I do not have any more information than that.
I hope this helps.

Uh? Solarcentury told me they have just started offering them.

Saw Enecsys at Ecobuild, they seemed to be in a good shape?

Was any reason given why Enecsys would no longer be available?

I have just tried to find it, but when you read so much information it is sometimes difficult to locate some of the little snippits, it was only in the last couple of days though.
Of course it may not be true, it was just something that I read.

They are fine and in good shape, spoke to them today and Monday.

I have only good things to say about Enecsys now that i can mount the inverters on the inside of the roof lol

Technical support is fantastic With James Schwenk and David Evans nothing is too much trouble and always available.

Instal is a piece of p*** and the new upgraded online monitoring can be a little daunting but with all the correct data and instal procedure which can be downloaded no problem.

There have been a few discussions on this forum about the pros and cons of micro versus single inverters as to performance etc but if you have moderate to bad shading then micro inverters IMHO are the way to go.

What tips this decision to Enecsys is the online monitoring which again IMO is superb and bordering on geeky.

Anyway hope this helps,

And if you need any help call 01223-875971 and ask for James or David.

Enecsys cabling.jpgEnecsys inverters.jpgEnecsys inverters2.jpg
Posted these the other day but thought i would do it well err......again LOL

If you need any instal advice give us a shout and i will try to help if i can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the technical data carefully, they may perform better in non standard / shaded installs but will they perform better than a 2 MPPT or 1 MPPT standard installation i.e south/south west/south east 8 on 8 array with none/little/slight shading.

Do the maths before offering them out as a standard item.

Early days with mine but, so far , so good.

14 units internally mounted together with a repeater and a gateway.

Accuracy of web monitor vs the actual consumer unit shows an error of 2.6% over rougly 0.9M watt hours of usage. Web monitor pretty responsive. It would be nice to have a download facility of data to a PC but, even so, the web application gives pretty well all of the data you could ever need.

One issue - the MPPT tracking range isn't huge so, for a typical panel if one bypass diode kicks in the system will compensate. If two bypass diodes kick in with the higher voltage variant the MPPT tracker cannot match the panel output and the panel output may drop to zero. This is a particular problem with the Sanyo H series panels because the open circuit voltage is pretty high. Using other panels and the Enecsys unit with a lower maximum MPPT may be better.

It's too early to say if the output is exceeding expectations because we had such good weather earlier and now we have just rain. Ask me again in November.

Are they worth the extra? Impossible to say at the moment.

It would be nice to find a direct comparison of 2 similar systems next to each other, whatever system it is there are always pros and cons, do the efficiencies work out if you have a fairly large system? I have been looking at DC optimisers for jobs with shading issues, as most of the recent quotes have been for the ones that slipped through the net when the tariffs changed ...... you know the ones with veluxes and chimneys and aerials and flues and trees and dodgy tiles..........

Reply to Enecsys: your experience in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net