Currently reading:
EU banning Halogen bulbs!

Discuss EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Despite banning old filament bulbs and telling us all to use these halogen ones instead, the politburo and EU dictatorship have decided that we should now only use LED lamps and have banned halogen ones...
EU will ban halogen bulbs at the end of the month making lighting our homes TWICE as expensive | Daily Mail Online - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6049349/EU-ban-halogen-bulbs-end-month-making-lighting-homes-TWICE-expensive.html

I have a friend who runs his dads convenience/discount store in Bristol and has a supply of the old bulbs still, he is importing them from India and customs haven't stopped so much as a single one. Would love to see the headline if he ended up in court, daft thing is he would likely end up getting longer than if he smuggled drugs!

Intriguing. How's that then? A filament at ~ 4000K is going to radiate on many wavelengths, the majority of power being in infra-red.
So I'm speculating here someone is trying to invented a high temperature phosphor able to re-emit long wavelengths in visible? .. Link??..

The technology works,it seems its a matter of improving whats been achieved and reaching possible efficiency targets

Have a look at this link
MIT develops energy-efficient incandescent light bulbs - https://www.dezeen.com/2016/01/13/mit-energy-efficient-incandescent-light-bulb-research/

Oh and UNG,thanks for yet another dumb rating:rolleyes:
This time its for a published Graph of peoples opinions
:confused: (The dumb award for that one seems to be even dumber to me)

Maybe you can take it up with the publishers,I only copied and pasted the information,there again, maybe you are so narrow sighted you see nothing other than what you want to see

It would be refreshing to actually see you post something of your arguments,its tedious and a little boring watching you hitting the dumb button with monotonous regularity:oldwoman:

Last edited:
Pound to a penny it’s his scrolling fat finger that hit ‘dumb’ whilst perusing your wonderful and enlightening posts!
The technology works,it seems its a matter of improving whats been achieved and reaching possible efficiency targets

Have a look at this link
MIT develops energy-efficient incandescent light bulbs - https://www.dezeen.com/2016/01/13/mit-energy-efficient-incandescent-light-bulb-research/

Oh and UNG,thanks for yet another dumb rating:rolleyes:
This time its for a published Graph of peoples opinions
:confused: (The dumb award for that one seems to be even dumber to me)

Maybe you can take it up with the publishers,I only copied and pasted the information,there again, maybe you are so narrow sighted you see nothing other than what you want to see

It would be refreshing to actually see you post something of your arguments,its tedious and a little boring watching you hitting the dumb button with monotonous regularity:oldwoman:

Reply to EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back