Discuss Euro to UK plug adapter in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

holein1

I've just bought a 15 minute Duracell battery charger with a Euro plug attached. I have also been supplied with a UK 1 amp fused shaver adapter which has blown. I suspect the battery charger need a euro adapter with a fuse rating greater than 1 amp. Am I right and what rating fuse would you suggest as being adequate? Thanks in advance.

The charger should only take about quarter of an amp so a 1 amp fuse ought to be OK.
The maximum charging wattage should be about 32W so even with 50% loss on conversion this would only be 0.25A
Possibly if you were charging very flat batteries the peak current may blip up to 1A but it should not be for long enough to blow the fuse.
I would suggest that the charger is faulty.

Thanks for your reply although it wasn't what I was hoping to hear. However thanks again and at least I've learned something that will prove useful for the future.

Reply to Euro to UK plug adapter in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Mobile home outdoor power supply is a pedestal that power to the mobile home plugs in much like an RV. The main power supply into the mobile home...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I Bought a 32A EV Charger, it comes with a CEE wall plug. I need to use it with a 60A range recepticle which I use to plug in my welder. So...
Replies
Views
Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking some advice on an overheating plug adaptor please. Complete amateur so please forgive any errors in calcs / assumptions /...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock