Discuss Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

how long have you been trading ?

I have been trading as a company for 10 years, I am a NICEIC approved contractor and an accredited member of CHAS and EXOR as well and H&E construction safety and I am on the County Council list of approved contractors, My personal grade apart from director is JIB site Technician as well, I am fat over 40 and a miserable Git too, what about you?

only been trading 6months so not with governing body yet various hoops to run and backflip through .
going great all ready got 3 guys working for me never had no work since starting fingers crossed all keeps going well.

have been looking at niceic and select not sure which though.
and am i right in saying part p isnt necessary in scotland

apparently yes not needed up there, all bodies are the same and scammers really, best to go with the cheapest, I expect it will change again soon enough anyhow.

thats what i thought , i see alot of companies asking for niceic registered tradesmen only and councils etc , isnt this illegal under contract discrimination acts, as you must be trading 2+ years to apply for niceic

Unfortunately for me Gloucestershire county council who are my biggest customer insist on the NICEIC, thats why I am with them, it is difficult to argue with men in suits who have no knowledge of the trade and who pay me regulary, In my view they are nothing more special than other trade bodies, I do believe to become an approved contractor you need to trade for 2 years, however you could get into the domestic installer scheme with them and when your ready to become an approved contractor they may look favourably on you, if your customers don't care who your with I would go with the cheapest myself, but if you intend to get into the big boys lists you may have to eat humble pie and go NICEIC, they have a lot of respect for some reason with a lot of public services, hence the reason I am with them.

i never use high integ , usually just dual rcd

cant see need for high integ unless this should be used to have alarm smokey etc on the unprotected side mcbo/mcb protected

What about a designated circuit for appliances like the American style fridge freezers, that are notorious for tripping rcd's. If surface mounted in trunking or cables buried more than 50mm in the wall then it is not required to be rcd protected. A high integrity board allows such configuration.

only been trading 6months so not with governing body yet various hoops to run and backflip through .
going great all ready got 3 guys working for me never had no work since starting fingers crossed all keeps going well.

have been looking at niceic and select not sure which though.
and am i right in saying part p isnt necessary in scotland

Are you for real? If you're working in Scootland you should really know mate.

Unfortunately for me Gloucestershire county council who are my biggest customer insist on the NICEIC, thats why I am with them, it is difficult to argue with men in suits who have no knowledge of the trade and who pay me regulary, In my view they are nothing more special than other trade bodies, I do believe to become an approved contractor you need to trade for 2 years, however you could get into the domestic installer scheme with them and when your ready to become an approved contractor they may look favourably on you, if your customers don't care who your with I would go with the cheapest myself, but if you intend to get into the big boys lists you may have to eat humble pie and go NICEIC, they have a lot of respect for some reason with a lot of public services, hence the reason I am with them.

If your with another scheme then they should fight there/your corner with the council/public sector and point out the error of their ways. After all its what ya pays your money for.

Here is some more pictures for you if you would like to use them, and yes i am WELL AWARE they are 16th edition boards because the pictures were taken a while ago

View attachment 8478View attachment 8479View attachment 8480

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this is the HUGE amount of replies in this thread but unless I'm mistaken the insulation on the incoming live is cut down to the copper in the 2nd picture... & did someone bite the neutral?! =/

Reply to Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net