Discuss Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Having used every domestic DB known to man I can say BG is better than most of them regardless of price, if you don't like them try a MK for 52 quid from City elec fully loaded, no need to pay 90 quid for a domestic DB anywhere To be honest, I have no argument at all with your overall estimate, just stating the price of DBs thats all.

usually with my trade discount at wholesalers i get fully loaded mk-wylex-crabtree-hager £70

you must be the same guy doing rewires around my way for £900 :O

I like the Hager boards, really nice and yes about 70 here too, I couldn't posibbly say what I charge for a DB change, every Job is different, as for rewires, I tend not to take them on, they can be anything from 2-4k depending on what kit goes in them, but regardless of your comments 90 quid for a DB is expensive and you need to shop around IMO

Yep I am, Have you ever tried to fit a lewden Fella? seriously good boards for 45 plus the vat, and an MK for 52 quid, both dual rcds with a uncut busbar so you can actually make them high integrigrible, you get 10 mcbs with them as well, this is from city's in glos, I don't doubt you can get them from other wholesalers for a similar price as well, I used to laugh at Lewdens and BGs until I actually installed them, I don't laugh now.

you can have mcbs on the double pole switch as well if you like, for example you could have a cooker, security alarm and smoke alarms on there, and then split all other circuits accross the 2 RCDs, pretty good having a uncut busbar so you can design the way the circuits lay in the board.

dont know if its only me, but I want proper SCREWS on consumer units back. the ones that screw into some thread, to be used with screwdriver. not some plastic click-lock crap, getting messy after board got opened for testing couple of times :(

while on subject what do you guys prefer dual rcd or high integ ,
obviously different circumstances require different boards but what are your pros and cons on the two

dont know if its only me, but I want proper SCREWS on consumer units back. the ones that screw into some thread, to be used with screwdriver. not some plastic click-lock crap, getting messy after board got opened for testing couple of times :(

See your point of course, but I have no problem with the plastic click locks, they do the Job quite well in my opinion and are fine in domestic situations.

while on subject what do you guys prefer dual rcd or high integ ,
obviously different circumstances require different boards but what are your pros and cons on the two

I'd prefer a board full of individual RCBOs and MCBs mixed actually, but price would dictate whether It was used or not, that would be up to the customer.

i never use high integ , usually just dual rcd

cant see need for high integ unless this should be used to have alarm smokey etc on the unprotected side mcbo/mcb protected

I always try to avoid putting smokes on RCBOs or RCDs, unless the earthing arrangements or installation method forces me to do so.

Reply to Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net