Discuss Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why's that richy3333? Used all the boards mentioned had problems with most of them.

Every Proteus board I have ever looked at has disintegrated before my eyes, faster than a gas fitters promises. Plasticky nasty stuff. Stupid spring loaded lugs that always shoot across the room, mocking you as they fly past your eye, barely missing your retina. And there's never enough room in them to work. Worse than MK, though their quality has long since diminished.

Apologies to Square D I momentarily confused them with Volex. I see Square D are now owned by Snchneider electric

I had a chat to a mate last night that asked me for a twin socket and back box. He is short on cash so as a weekend top up quoted a woman £170 for a board change and addition socket for £40....

I said it was stupid cheap but he had the board left over from another job so I gave him the socket etc. He called a min ago and said that I could have the socket back as she is having the work done tomorrow buy a guy charging..... £140 all in and including the addition socket?!

World gone mad!!!

lol if people like doing jobs on the cheap they will never make money, £150 is way to cheap for what you have to do

cost
board about £90
fuel £10
there for a day if probs when testing say 8hrs you are on 6pound a hr

i say they must be cutting corners

They won't be giving her a cert and if they do it won't been of any real use as they won't test anything. Just stupid but people get what they pay for.

Well,

Last week I fitted 28 way 3Ph board in 82 seconds with all tests written by hand on site and fixed all faults (152 of them yes I know amazing!).

I waz on site less than 12 minutes & earnt 1200 cash.

On a more serious note I enjoy reading this thread.

I will continue to take as much time as I like after 3 large mugs of tea:coffee:

Well,

Last week I fitted 28 way 3Ph board in 82 seconds with all tests written by hand on site and fixed all faults (152 of them yes I know amazing!).

I waz on site less than 12 minutes & earnt 1200 cash.

On a more serious note I enjoy reading this thread.

I will continue to take as much time as I like after 3 large mugs of tea:coffee:

Grammar Timothy, grammar :D

Cant ever remember paying £45 for a 10way wylex. You would have to have a pretty well organised (and full) diary to be able to do the job for £150 and get onto another one for the afternoon. Cant knock you for doing it for that, your choice but it doesn't mean every spark who cant afford to it for that is not a 'grafter'.

This thread is getting a bit long winded, time to simplify a bit.
General rule of thumb of competent tradesman :- Price = time spent on job
Time spent on job = quality of workmanship
Quality of workmanship = As safe a job done as possible.
In our trade safety is key, not profit margins. Anyone argue against that ?

I disagree, quality and standards are the 'key'. Safety is a by product of those standards. You can have a perfectly safe installation where the wiring and components look like a dog's breakfast, but you can't have a quality installation which isn't safe.

Reply to Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net