Currently reading:
Incomer

Discuss Incomer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This ain't no wind up! Went to a flat 2day top floor , and before the meter there was tails and a 16mm earth coming up from floor boards into main fuse then meter then onto db. As they were tails I thought they would be a 60amp fuse elsewhere in the flat cudnt find one anywhere or outside.. But I did notice this green pipe along the soil heading straight towards door for upstairs flat ! Surely that couldn't b the tails??

Basically, you mean that rather then a concentric cable supplying the cutout, there was tails?
If this is the case, there will be a ryefield unit in the block of flats somewhere, if its a particularly scummy block it could be screwed into a riser, or locked under communal stairs etc. The ryefield will probably have 80A fuses for each flat.
I'm pretty sure that isn't the tails going over the garden

Yes that's what I,m saying but it was only 2 flats and there was no where to join it . No reiser no cupboard. Never saw that before

And your sure the tails don't come from another cutout in the downstairs flat?
Used to be common round our way to have 3 storeys blocks of flats with 3 phase cut-outs downstairs with L1 going ground floor L2 going to 1st floor (usually pyro) and L3 going to second floor (usually pyro).

Reply to Incomer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock