Discuss Industrial Electricians Only: in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

The more I think about it the more a theatre seems like a kind of batch process reactor. You load in the feedstock, add some catalyst, then when you apply selective radiant heat to the catalyst it causes the feedstock to react. The heating cycle is quite complex, it needs the right wavelengths for exactly the right exposure times to get good results. When the cycle is finished you can unload the product and load fresh feedstock, reusing the catalyst each time until it becomes spent.

So yes, definitely an industrial electrician.

As some of you know,I served my time in a factory,then later on did a bit of house bashing before moving back to the industry.I hated the domestic stuff,far too much messing about,plus I don,t really do people,lol I,ve worked for some of the big names over the years including rebuilding the "hot plant" at a large curry manufacturer,superviser of decommissioning at a well known,cable makers as they went into the death throes,one of the uk,s main turkey producers on installing a new plant,plus many large commercial jobs.I retired on health grounds a few years back but may be tempted back in a part time capacity as my last employer is opening an A D plant and they,ve offered me a post as maintenance engineer when the plant goes on stream,nothing too big apparently just a walk around type of job on my own so that will suit me.

The more I think about it the more a theatre seems like a kind of batch process reactor. You load in the feedstock, add some catalyst, then when you apply selective radiant heat to the catalyst it causes the feedstock to react. The heating cycle is quite complex, it needs the right wavelengths for exactly the right exposure times to get good results. When the cycle is finished you can unload the product and load fresh feedstock, reusing the catalyst each time until it becomes spent.

So yes, definitely an industrial electrician.

Aye, definitely in.....a bit theatrical though Lucy......sorry Lucien :flowers: Curtain call, please!!

we can tie pretty coloured ribbons to it

Sorry, maypole ribbons have been harmonised by IEC60446 and are now brown, black and grey. The village green-and-yellow must be not less than 1/3 and not more than 2/3 green. Maidens may be any colour except green/yellow or blue.

Glenn, leave the bloody domestic stuff alone once and for all. We all know what you are and it is not a domestic spark. We have worked with each other/for each other on domestic and commercial jobs over the past 2 years I know where you belong.

He has my vote to be in the Industrial club, a duck to water IMHO. I'll stick to what I know best so I'm not in I'm afraid lol.

@ Glenn, this time next year mate???
possibly Paul....with help from friends.

and anyway...whats all this about `sticking to what you know`?

caus i`l tell you all now:

Me & GMES were nearby....so we went down to where Paul was working....it was a commercial job.

we came, we saw and what we saw was quality work....all of Paul`s doing...

Aa divvent knaa worra mean fatha. Aal Aa was tryin te say was that Paul can taalk both wrang an propa nee botha man.
Ar man aav knacked ivrythin.

Reply to Industrial Electricians Only: in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net