Discuss Industrial Electricians Only: in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well I do as little install work under BS7671 as I can get away with, as the work has pretty much been ruined by the muppets.
I stick to CNC/PLC/Controls stuff.
In fact I've just landed my first 3rd party CE marking job, where I will be doing the work to help the client get their kit through the 3rd party CE marking with a Notified Body for them to sell it in the EU.
Nothing BS7671 at all, all 60204 etc.
Which is where I do almost all of my work, 7671 work has been devalued by the muppets & Electrical Trainee, immigrants to make it not worth while doing TBH.

Well I do as little install work under BS7671 as I can get away with, as the work has pretty much been ruined by the muppets.
I stick to CNC/PLC/Controls stuff.
In fact I've just landed my first 3rd party CE marking job, where I will be doing the work to help the client get their kit through the 3rd party CE marking with a Notified Body for them to sell it in the EU.
Nothing BS7671 at all, all 60204 etc.
Which is where I do almost all of my work, 7671 work has been devalued by the muppets & Electrical Trainee, immigrants to make it not worth while doing TBH.
Too little, too late mate. Have you read the last couple of pages?

May as well chuck this thread back in the trash bin.

I was going to tot up how many had come forward as real electricians. Can’t be arsed to sift my way though it now.

Sorry Tony, I'll edit as many of my shyte posts in the morning and get Geordie to do the same Either that or I'll tally it up for you.

I count as 0.1 industrial. :)

I started off in that field but didn't stay long and I wouldn't trust myself with a hamster wheel these days never mind the stuff I started out on.

Having spent my formative years working on distilleries ,print works and the like I don't class myself as an industrial electrician.all rounder will do me.
one week I might be on a rewire or jobbing or domestic appliances so it wasn't full time.
i prefer the bigger stuff tbh.
my mates dad got sent to a power station when he was in his 4th year in the 60s.
thought great get some of the good stuff under his belt.
got handed a pile of trs and sent in the direction of 6 houses that needed wired!
he had to wire these in a neat and tidy style before he even got near the power station
my lad has recently been involved in the commissioning of a 275 kv transmission transformer with the protection side of things
to say I'm slightly envious would be an understatement
im not telling him that though....

only did one or two houses on my apprenticeship,then mainly office refurbs and larger site work ,now working as maintenance in a factory which makes and tests diesel injectors where i fix everything from a light to a Test rig still have loads to learn on the plc side of things :6:

Reply to Industrial Electricians Only: in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net