Discuss Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Morning all,

Don't know if it helps but I've just spoken to the DECC about the FIT rate (did try speak to Mr Barker himself but he wouldn't take my call!)... The guy I spoke to said the current FIT rate is 21p and have been told that they don't see it changing (sounded like he knew more than he was telling me) Also that the results from the cosultation won't be released for another 2/3 weeks!

The guy I spoke to said the current FIT rate is 21p and have been told that they don't see it changing (sounded like he knew more than he was telling me) Also that the results from the cosultation won't be released for another 2/3 weeks!

What a frustrating start to the year. Remember September when everything was simple?

I spoke to REAL and NAPIT they could not tell me much I rang DECC but was in a que I hung up in the end !!!

But I have just had an enquiry so people are looking but I had to tell them to call back in a week or two as we are not selling.

Well, since the rate will not drop below 21p between now and April (DECC did at least confirm this if I remember correctly) and I've got all my January pricing info, I am cracking on and quoting for systems based on the 21p rate (with the usual caveats). Can't be waiting for those muppets in charge to sort themselves out.....

What if there's no money in the pot and 21p isn't confirmed? Big risk to take - I'm waiting, I can't afford the law suit if my customers take me to court, imagine 3500kwh/pa x 21p x 25 years - that's a lot of money.

I am more inclined to be cautious though :)

The number I rang was 0300 060 4000, option 3 will put you through to an "advisor". They have been given a FAQ sheet from the FIT team with various answers on so will be able to answer some of these questions.

Might be worth a ring for the more cautious of us :)

If the FITs rate is 21p and they don't see this changing, can they enlighten us further on why they think this is the case? Exactly what do they make of the court ruling? What will they do if their appeal is unsucessful? What will they do if the FITs money runs out? How long do they think it will be before we get solid figures? What is the grounds for their appeal?

So many vitally important questions. Why isn't Barker answering us?

I can only present the facts and figures to the customer as they currently stand (ie, might be 21p, might be more, could conceivably be less!). I am making no promises or guarantees. It's the customer's decision at the end of the day and to be honest, I don't expect any orders to come trickling in until we get some firm news from Mr. C-rated and his cronies anyway. As I see it I have two options at the moment: quote on 21p but present the possibilities to the customer, or do nothing. In the absence of other work at the moment and there being sod all on TV, I'm opting for the former. However, a family of long tailed ---- have just landed on my feeder so I may watch them for a bit. Easily distracted? Me? Ooh look, a squirrel...

What a shambles. There are lots of questions and no answers.

1. Assuming government win their appeal is the rate going to be 21p from the 1st April or could it be much less?
2. How long is the appeal process going to take?
3. If the government lose does that mean the old rate remains? If so for how long?
4. Is there any chance of the C category proposal being implemented?
5. If the budget is blown does that mean the end of FITs anyway?

We got into Renewables because we were under the impression that it was the future - now beginning to wonder. Seen a report yesterday that says only Malta and Luxembourg have lower levels of renewables that UK. Just how seriously is the Government taking the whole issue?

I can't believe the audacity of these people!! the last paragraph states

'We have also made the point that the judicial review was premature as no decision has yet been taken, and a decision will only be taken after a full analysis of the responses to the consultation.”

Do they even live on the same planet as us mere mortals!!

The JR was made because they brought the cut off date in before the consultation had even ended!!

I'm mad!!

I wonder how much this is costing us the tax payer as well as us as the installer. They don't have to worry how much they spend on court fees cos its not their money anyway.

Its just gonna drag on and on. Just hope we have businessess after all this.

Are they deliberately trying to sabotage the industry?

Why are they prolonging this whole fiasco. The grounds for appeal could have been established within 24 hours of the judges decision. Why wait till the last minute of the final day before lodging?

Also, why is government minister, Greg Barker offering to sort the whole mess out on twitter - is that another attempt to muddy the waters? I would like Jeremy Leggett to consider accepting his twitter offer on the provision that it's all agreed this week and we can all get back to work.

Reply to Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net