Discuss Need A Guide Price For A Project Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Guide price guys if possible.

Got a client that needs around 15mts 3 core SWA installing via YT4, Cleats (50/50 split), 3L (9mts) 100x50 trunking, 6 DSO in the 100x50 (with inserts), MCB for existing board, New garage board, 2x 4' LED slimline in one room controlled via 2G2W (in 100x50), LED light in store room controlled via 1G1W in 20mm PVC conduit linked into 100x50.
Around 10hrs labour 1sparks and lad.
Ive priced it, but his response "wasn't too positive"
Will divulge once I get some feedback.

Cheers

Obviously area will play a massive part with regard the labour rates , up the north or down the south / london etc
But I would likely be suggesting very little change from £2000 all in

Obviously area will play a massive part with regard the labour rates , up the north or down the south / london etc

T

Appreciate the response, I quoted it at £1,750 his reaction was why is it so fking expensive, so I revised it and said £1,450 he wasn’t too chuffed, shall we say.

T

Appreciate the response, I quoted it at £1,750 his reaction was why is it so fking expensive, so I revised it and said £1,450 he wasn’t too chuffed, shall we say.
I wouldn't do it for 1400 quid unless you are absolutely desperate for the job and use the cheapest crap materials you can find

I would say the £1750 is a very fair price , I reckon near £2000 for most parts of the country and ramp that up between £2500-£3000 for the SE & London

You should have stuck at £1750, dropping to £1450 suggests to the customer you were overpricing.
If the customer comes back to you and agrees to the £1450, if I were you I'd say no, and say no to the job altogether.
I suspect either you won't get paid anyway or you'll struggle to get all of your money from them.

I wouldn't do it for 1400 quid unless you are absolutely desperate for the job and use the cheapest crap materials you can find

I would say the £1750 is a very fair price , I reckon near £2000 for most parts of the country and ramp that up between £2500-£3000 for the SE & London
Well, perhaps that's why he still is sitting in the dark! (I seen the pics lol) I only reduced it as I know him and was trying to be fair to him, but he still loaned so I though Fk it, we are busy as it is.

I honestly thought my original £1,750 was a good price, its not cheap crap we use as we, like many, have standards.
Tnx for the responses.

Well, perhaps that's why he still is sitting in the dark! (I seen the pics lol) I only reduced it as I know him and was trying to be fair to him, but he still loaned so I though Fk it, we are busy as it is.

I honestly thought my original £1,750 was a good price, its not cheap crap we use as we, like many, have standards.
Tnx for the responses.
1750 was a good price. I wouldn’t do it for 1450. I tend not to negotiate, I value my time too highly.

1750 was a good price. I wouldn’t do it for 1450. I tend not to negotiate, I value my time too highly.
OP should have started at £2000 , then dropped to 1750£ when pressed

Think About It GIF by Identity

Reply to Need A Guide Price For A Project Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net