NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC Blackmail

Discuss NICEIC Blackmail in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The JIB are not there to answer your enquiries. As a qualified electrician you should have access to the most recent regs books and several other pieces of literature to work the answer out for yourself

I'm going to start my own organisation and monitor milk suppliers. I will make my living from visiting all the different dairy farms in the country and make sure they are adhering to standards that have been put in place by the food standards agency and make sure these dairy farmers are complying with rules they are already aware of. My plan is to then approach the supermarkets and manipulate them into strictly buying from dairy farmers which are registered in my scheme. Of course there will be an extortionate fee for these dairy farmers to be part of my scheme and it will provide me with a good living. It doesn't matter that i will be taking a cut of their hard earned profits, they need the supermarkets so they will have no option but to join.

The JIB are not there to answer your enquiries. As a qualified electrician you should have access to the most recent regs books and several other pieces of literature to work the answer out for yourself
same as this forum..

Electrical Trainee and unskilled/incompetant/unqualified jobeys coming in here take note...

Please do not patronise me, I'm qualified to my eyeballs, have all the relevant publications, quite the library in fact, enquires made were such as "where is my card", "when are the next ECS tests for the lads"

You only have to look at them as a organisation to see that they have been left behind by the movement of time

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The insistence on using NIC only could be construed as a restraint of trade under law, especially if this insistence is made a precondition of contract[/FONT]

That does really rub me up, I live very close to the HQ of NG Baileys and it racks me off that they have the same inspection with the same engineer and pay the same fee as little ole me! I have to agree with you 100%

So we have agreement where to start then.

This is how we should focus our anger.....

I suspect the majority of people unhappy about the fees are the Sole Traders like me.

i am NIC registered....but that doesn`t mean i like the current setup..

Damian has told me as well that there are plenty within the NIC that feel the same about the racketeering

The NIC should have stuck to what they used to do , offer only 1 scheme approved contractor and thats it , with domestic installer status included .
the domestic installer route they have gone down has made them more sell sell , and now offer D/I courses , I think many who have been with them some time feel that its all gone down the pan,,,

Please do not patronise me, I'm qualified to my eyeballs, have all the relevant publications, quite the library in fact, enquires made were such as "where is my card", "when are the next ECS tests for the lads"

You only have to look at them as a organisation to see that they have been left behind by the movement of time

This is completely irrelevant to the OP. NICEIC, although they would love to be, are not involved in grading cards. I am not saying that the JIB are run like a well oiled machine but what I am implying is that there is absolutely no place for organisations such as the NICEIC. They are an unnecessary middle man between electricians and the end product. I have to admit that their marketing and manipulation talents are second to none.

I have no doubt that you are well qualified and have a lot of literature. To be honest it just disappoints me that there are sparks out there like yourself who are supporting the NICEIC while there are others who rightfully make a stand against these leeches

Again i won't get involved in the present argument, save to say, that at this moment in time the JIB/SJIB, are the ONLY organisation where you will not find a single electrical trainee 17 Whizz Kidd on the books.
Yes the JIB have many problems, but at least they do have a sound and recognised route and recognised standards for qualified electricians and upholds those standards...

So credit where credits due!! lol!!

The NIC should have stuck to what they used to do , offer only 1 scheme approved contractor and thats it , with domestic installer status included .
the domestic installer route they have gone down has made them more sell sell , and now offer D/I courses , I think many who have been with them some time feel that its all gone down the pan,,,
well i`m AC anyway...so i dont care about their `domestic installer` rubbish....and i`m still rackin my brains at what a `domestic installer` is supposed to be

This is completely irrelevant to the OP. NICEIC, although they would love to be, are not involved in grading cards. I am not saying that the JIB are run like a well oiled machine but what I am implying is that there is absolutely no place for organisations such as the NICEIC. They are an unnecessary middle man between electricians and the end product. I have to admit that their marketing and manipulation talents are second to none.

I have no doubt that you are well qualified and have a lot of literature. To be honest it just disappoints me that there are sparks out there like yourself who are supporting the NICEIC while there are others who rightfully make a stand against these leeches

I don't support them but, I want to work in certain sectors, so I pay my money, jump through my hoops and put my tender in! It's not ideal but I'd rather this than sitting at home skint with my ideals intact!.

Yea the insistence does bar some good non NIC contractors from certain works but it also serves to keep the total chancers away from the better work

Again i won't get involved in the present argument, save to say, that at this moment in time the JIB/SJIB, are the ONLY organisation where you will not find a single electrical trainee 17 Whizz Kidd on the books.
Yes the JIB have many problems, but at least they do have a sound and recognised route and recognised standards for qualified electricians and upholds those standards...

So credit where credits due!! lol!!

Totally agree , the JIB have not kept up with the times and needs updating , but what else is there that looks at the qualifications , we need a scheme with qualifications and licensing combined , If the JIB is brought right up to date with the likes of what the NIC used to be combined that would help all true sparks

So we have agreement where to start then.

This is how we should focus our anger.....

I suspect the majority of people unhappy about the fees are the Sole Traders like me.
its anyone who feels their getting a tanned arse every year courtesy of them Murdoch......

or feel they are getting `left out`....just because they didn`t pay into the NIC luncheon club...so cant sit at the council work table so to speak...

I don't support them but, I want to work in certain sectors, so I pay my money, jump through my hoops and put my tender in! It's not ideal but I'd rather this than sitting at home skint with my ideals intact!.

Yea the insistence does bar some good non NIC contractors from certain works but it also serves to keep the total chancers away from the better work
well...this is pretty much what the council guy in the markets was saying Aiden....

still denying perfectly competant folks from getting a crust though...isn`t it...

and its wrong....

HT you are supporting them by paying your fee every year, you are contributing to a group of thieves bar lunches. OK you may bit the bullet and join because it benefits you but where are your principles and thought for the other sparks who simply cannot afford to fund this each year

Following on from what has been said, does the figure banded around of next to no people being removed from CPS, does this include NICEIE approved contractors too?

HT you are supporting them by paying your fee every year, you are contributing to a group of thieves bar lunches. OK you may bit the bullet and join because it benefits you but where are your principles and thought for the other sparks who simply cannot afford to fund this each year

It's not a case of if sparks can afford it, if your bidding for such contracts then you should be a solvent company, be it ltd or sole trader, so it's a business decision, pay your fees and carry out the work, or don't and find work in a different sector!.

I agree with most the sentiments, and I'm not keen on the cash cow!, but if it becomes open shop then suddenly Barry from the pub can get involved in some of the good works. Yes I believe that such works should be opened to other schemes, but the problem is, the others are not commercial orientated, so only assess on domestic.

Reply to NICEIC Blackmail in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net