Discuss Niceic test in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Des 56

Just to make clear my own position to you TJ
I am registered with a scam,I am one of the idiots who is foolish enough to pay money to one of these scams for the pleasure of carrying out my trade
When this years membership runs out,I would be an absolute moron if I again pay them money
I hardly ever notify my work as things stand,I can't be arsed with the part p anymore

thanks for the reply Des, so will you continue to do total rewires and just
not sign them off ?

Are you allowed to rewire an older house , test and fill
out one of the readily available test sheets and give to the customer
if they don't wish to inform building control ?

some people who plan to live in a house forever probably
won't care to tell council they are rewiring/renovating their home ?

This thread has given the impression by some posters that there is a problem when people who have had work done and there is no proof of notification when thy come to sell their house,complete and utter nonsense

There is very little if any "problem" as regards house sale,eicrs at present trump all and every aspect of lack of Part P notification and has become the accepted means of satisying buyers solicitor demands

I personally have done quite a lot of Eicrs these last few years,each specifically because of this "problem" as its been described
Part p is dead (even in Wales where it remains less diluted than England,it never really existed to the great mass of people)

This thread has given the impression by some posters that there is a problem when people who have had work done and there is no proof of notification when thy come to sell their house,complete and utter nonsense

There is very little if any "problem" as regards house sale,eicrs at present trump all and every aspect of lack of Part P notification and has become the accepted means of satisying buyers solicitor demands

I personally have done quite a lot of Eicrs these last few years,each specifically because of this "problem" as its been described
Part p is dead (even in Wales where it remains less diluted than England,it never really existed to the great mass of people)

That's true actually, I been asked several times for a copy of the certificate a year or two after the work when they have come to sell the property.
However, it's not notification proof that they want, it's just a cert.

thanks for the reply Des, so will you continue to do total rewires and just
not sign them off ? Most certainly

Are you allowed to rewire any house , test and fill
out one of the readily available test sheets and give to the customer yes
if they don't wish to inform building control ? that is for them to decide(assuming they had ever heard of Part p in the first place)

some people who plan to live in a house forever probably
won't care to tell council they are rewiring/renovating their home house sales are not restricted in any way by lack of notification to a council?

Certification to Bs7671 to demonstrate that you installed and tested an installation is a requirement of those regs (whatever pretty colour or logo form is used)
Notification to the council is in the end a householders responsibility

I leave you with one interesting opinion
No one has ever been prosecuted for not notifying a safe and compliant installation

If you carry out lots of notifiable work then The most cost affective way is to be part of a scheme.
Doing two or 3 notifiable jobs through your scheme vs the cost of involving LABC and one of their appointed contractors to test your work your initial outlay to join the scheme will be covered. IMO lots of customer are aware of part P and lots more becoming aware. It's likely that you could loose potential work if you are not part of a scheme and the customer is fully aware of part P. If you are not part of a scheme and the customer requires notification then your price is going to have to be at least a few hundred cheaper than the next spark who has quoted and is part of the a scheme due to the fact of the customer having to get LABC involved when using you or if you do this on their behalf your price will have to be at least a few hundred more to cover the cost.IMO From a business point of view it makes financial sense to be part of a scheme if you are carrying out notifiable work.

case 1
pleading guilty to breaking the new electrical safety regulations

case 2
In a separate incident, a rogue electrician, who falsely claimed to be approved by the NICEIC, was fined £16,000 after admitting 23 counts of breaching Building Regulations whilst working in a house in Newcastle.

Sorry Lee.I can't accept those as proof of enforcement of part p
Those are for dangerous installation work and miss use of the Niceic logo

No one has far as I know has ever been prosecuted for not notifying a safe compliant installation,ever,or ever likely would be

Reply to Niceic test in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net