Discuss Niceic test in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If your just doing domestic forget about the NIC go with Stroma they are much cheaper and they all provide the same thing. ALL domestic customers havnt got a clue what the scams are so having an NIC sticker on your van means nothing.

Only today I had a potential customer ask me if I was NIC registered they didn't say are you part P registered. Must be all the Subliminal advertising the NICEIC do lol.

Only today I had a potential customer ask me if I was NIC registered they didn't say are you part P registered. Must be all the Subliminal advertising the NICEIC do lol.
What a domestic one??? You must have had an enquiry from the only domestic customer in the country that knows what part P is!

vat registered ?? Wow wow wow wow
I'm talking small fry to start , just mostly
minor works and full rewires when they come along.

I understand we need to be registered with them lot
if we do any work such as :

working in bathrooms
outside lights
extra sockets
Any new installations
and board changes

I can't see the point in being an electrician who
can only do minor works so at present I'm willing to pay the fee to them.

im fancing elecsa at the mo?

anyone have a preference ?

Lee.where in Wales are you,I have worked a lot in many of the council areas and have yet to find any local authority with the slightest interest in compliance with part P (other than on their own tendered work)

If you are doing private domestic,few if any exactly gives a hoot about part p compliance especially the householder?

If you do register,you certainly can rewire that empty house and get the scam to inspect
To the letter of the regs you are supposed to inform the council and pay a large fee,but why pay (if you can avoid) in order to do the job you were trained for ?

Lee.where in Wales are you,I have worked a lot in many of the council areas and have yet to find any local authority with the slightest interest in compliance with part P (other than on their own tendered work)

If you are doing private domestic,few if any exactly gives a hoot about part p compliance especially the householder?

If you do register,you certainly can rewire that empty house and get the scam to inspect
To the letter of the regs you are supposed to inform the council and pay a large fee,but why pay (if you can avoid) in order to do the job you were trained for ?

South Wales , Bridgend area.
The only time the building inspector cares I guess is
if it's say an extension on a house , where they want to see the
Test certificate, the owner of that house would surely want an
electrician who can sign their own work off to wire that extension.

So If the council don't care, do some electrians get away with doing major
works and don't issue any certificate and move onto the next job
if the home owners don't care ?

What makes you think you cant issue a certificate?
Generic certficates not linked to a scam are widely available,issue one of those.
If the work is carried out in accordance with bs 7671,and the correct certificate issued by an electrically competant person thats all that matters.

What makes you think you cant issue a certificate?
Generic certficates not linked to a scam are widely available,issue one of those.
If the work is carried out in accordance with bs 7671,and the correct certificate issued by an electrically competant person thats all that matters.
the only time you need to be registered with a scam is if bc demand one because of the type of work or they won't sign the build off.

afterall they tend to send subbies to test and inspect before signing off if you pay.

being a member of a scam just lessons the headache with using bc

As already said, you should certify your own work regardless, the advantage of joining a scheme is ease & cost of notification.
Wholesalers normally stack paper certificates or you could buy digital certs like EasyCert, Castline lets you download their basic installation and minor works certificates for free.

I agree with you that Part P is frankly a waste of time. All I will say is though, while it is here we should all be complying with it for out customers sake either though BC or a CPS. It is happening a lot where customers have had notifible works carried out, not notified and are then having problems with solicitors when selling their house. Solicitors are very aware of Part P. Part P is not going to go away. Someone who is not registered (or at least informing BC each time and ensuring it is acceptable) should not be carrying out notifiable works as it is short changing the homeowner.

. Someone who is not registered (or at least informing BC each time and ensuring it is acceptable) should not be carrying out notifiable works as it is short changing the homeowner.

Why are they? It is the homeowners responsibility to notify LABC of any Part P notifiable works.

Why are they? It is the homeowners responsibility to notify LABC of any Part P notifiable works.

Whilst this is essence is correct, I would suggest that over 90% of sparks are aware of Part P and thus if the customer isn't aware, its our responsibility to tell them....

Whilst this is essence is correct, I would suggest that over 90% of sparks are aware of Part P and thus if the customer isn't aware, its our responsibility to tell them....

Thats not what TJ said though. Yes we can educate, but to not be allowed to carry out the works is wrong.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Des 56

I agree with you that Part P is frankly a waste of time. All I will say is though, while it is here we should all be complying with it for out customers sake either though BC or a CPS. It is happening a lot where customers have had notifible works carried out, not notified and are then having problems with solicitors when selling their house. Solicitors are very aware of Part P. Part P is not going to go away. Someone who is not registered (or at least informing BC each time and ensuring it is acceptable) should not be carrying out notifiable works as it is short changing the homeowner.

Just to make clear my own position to you TJ
I am registered with a scam,I am one of the idiots who is foolish enough to pay money to one of these scams for the pleasure of carrying out my trade
When this years membership runs out,I would be an absolute moron if I again pay them money
I hardly ever notify my work as things stand,I can't be arsed with the part p anymore

Reply to Niceic test in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net