Discuss Niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I joined the niceic part p 2 moths ago, I didnt notify my work to the labc, 1 job at my own house and 1 at my brothers, No one asked anything about that side of it, not even the assessor that came, just tell them its been notified, they probably wont even check.

he asked me to do a ze reading, rcd test, an r1/r2 reading for the shower that i had fitted. and to talk through the work that i had done and the tests i had done. I fitted a shower, changed the consumer unit, and extended a ring main in my utility to include the garage. He said that the nic prefer people to obtain their earth loop impedance measurements by calculation rather than live measurement. They are very keen on correct earthing and bonding. My advice is to read and re read the onsite guide from front to back. He saw how worn out my OSG was and I think that impressed him!!. I must say that he was a very friendly bloke, and very knowledgeable.

AS said earlier the NICEIC interpet things as they want. So why do a Ze test, call the DNO and get their calcualtions on it or just work to the OSG for it.

There is nothing wrong with live testing, it's not live working which is completely different.

I think gpz900jim must be talking about Zs.
I joined the Nic in 2005 purely because I needed to for part p & in the 6 inspections that I've had every Ze has been measured.

no, what i meant was that ze has to be measured. (live obviously) and he told me to take r1/r2 readings and add them to ze to get zs . doing it that way you spend less time doing live tests. But you are right, ze has to be measured directly. my tester will take a zs reading and calculate the ze from that, but he said that method was not acceptable

going back to my initial question,if anyone knows,does the NIC assessor actualy asks if the job that he is assessing me on,have been notified and tested by the LABC`s contractors(my LABC told me over the phone that i need to pay 2 hundred something and they will come to inspect during first fixing and then they will be back for testing)
Again my only concern is if the assessor wants to know of and see details of the LABC`s testing.
Thanx guys

I asked our NICEIC assessor this question on our annual assessment a few weeks back and he said that if you ring NICEIC and ask them then the official line is "you must notify".
He said the assessors on the other hand, are only interested in your technical abilities.

Reply to Niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net