Discuss Pet hates in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

So called standard "breakers" that fit many different boards, was at a Mueller Db today and needed a B6 and had a few examples in the box, but all of them when tightened up went the wrong way and the breaker ran to the back of the board, except a Newey one that i have had for ages and never used. You would think they would make it easy wouldn't you. Even Merlin and Square D sit slight.ly differently and they are from same company.

Store men that think the door is a one-way valve, in only! Company accountants! Buyers that think they can get a cheaper option to what you ordered, it doesn’t fit but it was cheap! Production managers (the list is to long)! Production workers (the list is even longer)! Plumbers! A civil gang that armed with a mini digger can find every U/G cable or pipe in the area, except the one you want found!

The list is endless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buyers that think they can get a cheaper option to what you ordered, it doesn’t fit but it was cheap!

Then expect you to spend hours making it fit so it costs more than buying the proper part in the end

Or they tell you that the right part is not available any where so they got an alternative only for you to find a supplier with 10 times as many as you want

Brings me on to another pet hate, managers who have been to management school but haven't got a clue what the engineers they are managing do and are unable to support the engineers with technical advice and help and don't understand a repair takes as long as it takes and there isn't a standard job time for it

anybody that wears a suit and tie and not attending a funeral or wedding.

anybody that wears a suit and tie and not attending a funeral or wedding.
LOL

Downlighters right next to joists, downlighter holes cut with a padsaw so they all break up, CPCs twisted together in CU, architects, people who say "it will only take a minute", 45mm patress boxes without enough space in the knockout to fit 2 10mm T/E through, fancy light fittings without enough cable room, etc etc

Last edited:
we had a storeman once so tight you thought he was paying for kit,wouldnt give you a drill bit for a broken 1 if you didnt have all the bits.one job was a right b and we broke 3 bits went back to stores and he wouldn,t give me any more,so I stopped work(rush job)manager comes to find out whats going on so I tell him no drill bit and store man won,t give me any more,he looked at job and went with me to stores after giving storeman a long lecture on cost of stoppage v cost of drill bits storeman gave me a handfull and said to come back anytime.

Scumbags who put their feet on the opposite seat on the Metro (Tyneside's not bad public mass rail transport system for those who don't know)

cyclists. and especially the ones in cycle clubs who think it's fine to ride 2 and 3 abreast on country roads, with a dozen cars/vans behind , forced to drive at 10mph.

cyclists. and especially the ones in cycle clubs who think it's fine to ride 2 and 3 abreast on country roads, with a dozen cars/vans behind , forced to drive at 10mph.

Yes and after breaking every rule in the highway code have the cheek to demand the motorist treats them better,if they didn,t put themselves in harms way we wouldn,t have to look out for them,If I decide to drive my car like a to***r I don,t expect everyone else to be responsible for my safety.

I often confuse the morning radio 1 show as a competition for the most obnoxious person award

I dream of having digital radio.....

Reply to Pet hates in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net