Discuss Phone Numbers on Van in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

i was missing about 15-20 calls a month...!! defo worth the money!! if you have a business mobile you can divert that as an when required etc...!

Non geographic number wise - If ya want a local number but don't intend to live in the hovel you currently do forever, these are a godsend. I have one through BT BBTalk (which does look like it's being phased out unfortunately). Had I had a normal second line for business, when I move next week (to a different exchange area) I would have lost my business number. As I have a non-geographic number, they should be able to port it across (TOUCH WOOD PLEEEEEASE BT DON'T BE AS USELESS AS YOU WERE WHEN I WORKED FOR YOU!!!!). I can't be completely sure (because i'm too lazy) but I think VONAGE do non geographic numbers. Whoever you get your business line with, make sure it is non geographic so that wherever in the city you move, you can keep it. And make sure they can do call divert. Can I say non geographic again in this post? Yes I can, evidently. Non geographic.

have a look at pocket landline from Orange. Orange business customers can add it to there talk plan for £15 per month and it gives you a local landline number on your mobile and charges customer as if it was a normal landline call

Take a look at voip numbers with sipgate , I have 3 - 01695 - 0151- 01704 , all voip numbers , they all ring my mob or you can put them onto answer phone and anyone who leaves a message on this gets emailed to your email address as a voice file.

Ste

I have 3 - 01695 - 0151- 01704 , .

Ste

Don't forget... If your a NICEIC AC or DI and they find you using 3 different geographical numbers they'll want £200 quid for each additional location... Even if it is only a virtual number..
I know people that have been caught out by this "rule"... they had two numbers (they were sitting right on a border of two area codes) were DI and traded from home

Last edited:
Don't forget... If your a NICEIC AC or DI and they find you using 3 different geographical numbers they'll want £200 quid for each additional location... Even if it is only a virtual number..
I know people that have been caught out by this "rule"... they had two numbers (they were sitting right on a border of two area codes) were DI and traded from home

You've got to be bloody joking! Christ alive, I tell you what, if I had the misfortune to be with the NIC, I think I would have just five words for them come renewal date; the first four of which would be 'stick it up your'........

The trouble with those managed/redirected call set ups is that you get charged for calls your receive as well as those you make. Vodaphone have a business tarrif the call "one Net" where you pay a flat fee and have a mobile number and a land line number for people to ring. Charges seem good too, £55:00 pcm for unlimited calls in the UK.

My numbers are VoIP numbers and cost absolutely nothin to receive, they come through the 3G service on my IPhone , a bit like skype , answer phone messages come through as voice files via email ( again free ) , the only cost is the app ( grounwire) £5 .
You do need an iPhone or similar and it takes a little messing to set up , but it's not too bad ... It's real straight forward to do one line , just becomes harder when you want 2-3 .

Ste

Last edited:
Telephone Answering Services | UK | Answer 4U

it costs me £1.00 per call.... and i get about 30 calls a month...!

from them calls i win about 1/3 of the jobs... however it adds professionalism to my business and guarantees that i never miss a call on my landline numbers

i was missing about 15-20 calls a month...!! defo worth the money!! if you have a business mobile you can divert that as an when required etc...!

I'm glad I managed to find this thread again and don't mind resurrecting it as I'm sure many others will be interested in this topic

I must admit this service does sound very appealing. It's one thing having additional numbers but having someone to answer the call for you when you're right in the middle of a fault finding exercise or a just cannot be bothered mood sounds right up my street.:rofl:

I've just looked at the costs and it looks as though it works out cheaper than paying for a land-line number that gets diverted to your mobile.

I wonder if the receptionist will also email pictures of what she's wearing just to make the service even more appealing and realistic :gorgeous:lmao (just kidding obviously):devil2:

its good service!! wins me work all the time!!

Now that I've passed my Elecsa assessment I have put this top of my list of things to do :)

With this service Durham, do they provide you with a geographical number and do you get a choice of a couple of numbers or is it a case of you get what you are given?

:thumbsup

its a case of you choose what you want mate!! totally flexible..! i however have my numbers through a 3rd party operator called DBS telecoms who i bought the numbers i use from ... they just divert to answer 4 u's unique number i was given.. that way if i ever get big enough to directly employ a general office body i can use same numbers with out have to purchase them from answer 4 u..

plus i can undivert as required as well...!! :)

Reply to Phone Numbers on Van in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net