Discuss PIR coding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Different ways of interpreting the term 'readily accessible', how odd.
To my mind, something is 'readily accessible', if it can be accessed without the use of a key, tool or access equipment.
Access equipment being ladders, MEWPs, helicopters, etc.

To be on the safe side just remove the fitting and re-mount it on a piece of timber bigger than the base of the fitting with a hole drilled through it only just big enough for the supply cable.

To be on the safe side just remove the fitting and re-mount it on a piece of timber bigger than the base of the fitting with a hole drilled through it only just big enough for the supply cable.

You are right , it needs sorting as.

Quote the OP---

"Meaning due to the size of the fitting its possible for someone to put there hand above the
fitting and go into the connection behind..

I don't follow, what is the problem?

No problem Dave, it's puzzled me for a while now how normal lamp holders are still allowed.
Often accessible without steps, live parts accessible without the use of a tool. Just take the lamp out.
Same with table lamps.

The code question was rhetorical.

Last edited:

Reply to PIR coding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Was doing an EICR and pulled out the oven to have a butchers to see if there was a connection unit or not. Hob and oven connected into same...
Replies
Views
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
Yes, it's another EICR coding question - hurrah! :blush: Inspecting a small 1 bed 70s ex-council flat that was going well. Main Bonding had...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I’ve recently bought a new house with an old alarm system that didn’t work and was located in the downstairs toilet. I’ve rewired it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, As a way of learning/getting my head around the regs I do mock condition reports if I see something I don't think is quite right but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock