Discuss Probably will be a daft question, but being an oldie I'll ask it anyway in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mmmmm,i'll take being "appreciated" above being "approved",any day of the week...

I am not a number...I'm a free man ;)

When people ask you are you approved or certified, They are asking can you sign off your own work and notify building control. When I look at jobs advertisements, they ask if you are qualified to 17th edition and if you have ECS or CSCS these jobs are mainly under supervision or limited. Other advertisements will ask you if you are an approved electrician and the job is to be a Tester and Inspector and to sign off your own works so they don't have to. This is what I base my opinion on.

some confusion between approved electrician and the niceic title of approved contractor. 2 entirely different meanings.

That Thomas Nagy fella on YouTube done all his apprenticeships etc yet when you look up him he comes as approved contractor.

All quite confusing

That Thomas Nagy fella on YouTube done all his apprenticeships etc yet when you look up him he comes as approved contractor.

All quite confusing
Not really Thomas could be an Approved contractor, with his turnover don't suppose he is bothered, what you call him. He might be an Approved Electrician, but his NICEIC Sticker calls him an Approved contractor.

I'm getting confused, whom approves an electrician. To me it's about the word Approve.
some confusion between approved electrician and the niceic title of approved contractor. 2 entirely different meanings.
National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) How you word it, it's still means electrician.

I'm getting confused, whom approves an electrician. To me it's about the word Approve.

National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) How you word it, it's still means electrician.
does it my arse. a Electrical Trainee domestic installer can be niceic. that does not mean he's an electrician or knows his arse from his elbow. as long as his cheque cleared.

does it my arse. a Electrical Trainee domestic installer can be niceic. that does not mean he's an electrician or knows his arse from his elbow. as long as his cheque cleared.
Say it like it is Mate and be dammed.

I'm not talking about what is true
does it my arse. a Electrical Trainee domestic installer can be niceic. that does not mean he's an electrician or knows his arse from his elbow. as long as his cheque cleared.[/QUOTE
I am not talking facts, this thread is about what it means when someone asks if you are approved. My opinion is that on job applications if they ask you if you are approved they are asking if you are part of a scheme. These jobs do not ask if you are approved to 17th Edition or ECS. I'm not implying approved electricians are good at their job, I am saying they have been approved by an authorisation to do so.

I am not talking facts, this thread is about what it means when someone asks if you are approved. My opinion is that on job applications if they ask you if you are approved they are asking if you are part of a scheme. These jobs do not ask if you are approved to 17th Edition or ECS. I'm not implying approved electricians are good at their job, I am saying they have been approved by some company that have been given the authorisation to do so.

I am not talking facts, this thread is about what it means when someone asks if you are approved. My opinion is that on job applications if they ask you if you are approved they are asking if you are part of a scheme. These jobs do not ask if you are approved to 17th Edition or ECS. I'm not implying approved electricians are good at their job, I am saying they have been approved by some company that have been given the authorisation to do so.
Why would someone who is a member of a scam be applying for a job?

In which case your scam memebrship becomes pointless as it will lapse meaning in your definition your no longer “approved”
Yes that is correct, I'll be an qualified electrician and the company I will be with, will have to be approved. They have to be.

Yes that is correct, I'll be an qualified electrician and the company I will be with, will have to be approved. They have to be.
Why do they? No one becomes “approved” under the umbrella of a company they work for, thats why the JIB are recognised as industry standard for qualifications.

I was sent from an umbrella company, the people I had to work with, or for were approved under a scheme. The company you have to work for can not just be JIB rated they have to be Approved Contractors. Am I the only one who can see the sunrise here. They will employ JIB electricians because they have to, as it is the minimum requirement that allows them on site, under the law. CSCS for construction. However the approved electrician will have the bigger responsibilities.

Reply to Probably will be a daft question, but being an oldie I'll ask it anyway in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net