Discuss Quick Pricing Enquiry in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Necro posters! :D

Somebody has emailed me asking for a copy of mine, but to be honest I have so many, I can't remember which one I sent out. I have made a new one which is alot more complex and is the one I currently use. Mine uses a separate worksheet with a price list. I then have an estimate template which has a summary sheet (this is where you input the client and estimate details and shows the estimate totals), a work schedule sheet (this is where you type out the schedule of works and insert your labour times), a materials sheet, which is linked to the price list spreadsheet. All you have to do on this is type out the item code (all items have a code in the price list) and it searches for that item and then automatically fills in the price and description (saves a lot of typing!) all you have to type out is the quantity. The last sheet is the estimate letter. This is a pre written letter which takes it's information directly from the summary sheet. Print this and the work schedule, sign and post. Simples ;)

I don't understand. We have a debate about customers using cheap screw fix stuff and and whinge that you get what you pay for , then I read that we then install cheaper stuff to save cash, and rocker do you actually save money as you seem to offer the customer 2 quotes so they save the money and u install cheaper gear, I never understand on an average Rewire we do all the hard work chasing and running the cables then the bit we can see we put cheaper parts on, mk is worth every penny , it's like taking a vintage motor for a cheap respray , it does the same job but looks cheap. It depends what type of customer you want to work with,

MK accessories are not that great mr large. Personally I can't justify their price tag.
There's nothing wrong in giving the customer choice, in my (many) years of experience it's what can win you the job. From a business stand point it's good to offer choice, many potential customers don't like in flexible contractors, especially when they don't have long purse strings;)

MK accessories are not that great mr large. Personally I can't justify their price tag.
There's nothing wrong in giving the customer choice, in my (many) years of experience it's what can win you the job. From a business stand point it's good to offer choice, many potential customers don't like in flexible contractors, especially when they don't have long purse strings;)

I'm not saying I'm not flexible I'm just saying that you do all the hard work and skimp on the part that you see, can you name me a cheaper alternative switch or socket that looks better than plastic mk. I'm all for saving money , but on a typical £3000 3 bed Rewire you might save £60.00 by putting volex or similar in. And plus if you actually brought enough mk you would get the price of mk right down, I pay 86p for an mk switch how much cheaper can u get ,, and also I have lost count of the amount of callouts ive been to where cheap pull cords have failed. That callout it self pays for the difference.

GET ultimate looks as good and is reliable(at least I've never had problems with it). Crabtree maybe doesn't look as modern but it's cheaper and it's pedigree. As to your comment about doing all the hard work and then skimp on the part you see, well that's surely up to the customer not us isn't it?

GET ultimate looks as good and is reliable(at least I've never had problems with it). Crabtree maybe doesn't look as modern but it's cheaper and it's pedigree. As to your comment about doing all the hard work and then skimp on the part you see, well that's surely up to the customer not us isn't it?

End of the day GET does not look as good as mk in my opinion and maybe I tend to deal with better customers who value my opinion on what gear to use. I don't let customers buy there own gear from screw fix and b and q. , I get work on recommendation and reputation , and MK Is the minimum standard I use. It took a long time to build up my reputation and the thought of installing cheaper is not me,
But each to there own

I fit MK because they're such wee buns to fit. Terminal screws already backed out ( twice as many jobs before you get RSI!!) and terminals on sockets and FCUs are next to each other which I find makes prepping conductors a doddle. Also because of the 25yr guarantee clients will go the extra on the price which if you work on a percentage basis makes you more money. Would you rather have 15% of £500 or 15% of£600?

GET have a 25 year guarantee and they're owned by Schneider now. I've never had to return anything made by them. MK are just too much money for what they are, they're not that great.

GET have a 25 year guarantee and they're owned by Schneider now. I've never had to return anything made by them.

I use a lot of Denmans "Designa" range which is made by GET and regularly have to return a dozen or so switches and sockets every few months, so they`re not that good

I think Volti and eddie both have a point .

For my money if the customer wants to pay for it, MK for me purely for aesthetic-al reasons but it can be pricey. The only bugbear is you can buy ii most times cheaper down B

and Q and if the customer goes down there..... Secondly the terminal screws are not the best small and if used a few times can shrear secondly the Fuse in the fused spurs can

be a sod to release.

However if you are not as lucky as eddie and do not get ALL your work from recommendation . Then the cold ,hard facts are that you have to compete with others to get a job

and I do not like working for them, but reality bites and some customers want the cheapest price end of so they will not be getting MK

I think Volti and eddie both have a point .

For my money if the customer wants to pay for it, MK for me purely for aesthetic-al reasons but it can be pricey. The only bugbear is you can buy ii most times cheaper down B

and Q and if the customer goes down there..... Secondly the terminal screws are not the best small and if used a few times can shrear secondly the Fuse in the fused spurs can

be a sod to release.

However if you are not as lucky as eddie and do not get ALL your work from recommendation . Then the cold ,hard facts are that you have to compete with others to get a job

and I do not like working for them, but reality bites and some customers want the cheapest price end of so they will not be getting MK

Reply to Quick Pricing Enquiry in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net