Discuss R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You also have the main switch in the on position while the lid is removed with live exposed bus bar just waiting to be touched.Also no bushing around the incoming wires at the back of the consumer unit.

I think somebody has had a visit from the seal fairy!;):D

If using this for an assessment do not be surprised if you are asked how you safely isolated the supply to safely work on the install.

One of the things an assessor told me they do actually fail people for, if you believe anybody fails apart from a bounced cheque!! is that they do not safely isolate the supply and adequately lock/tag it off. This guy was a NICEIC assessor and also an assessor/examiner on the AM2, so bear that in mind and do you safe isolation procedure to keep him happy.

Yeah, that's a WT Henley ironclad service cutout (ISCO) with an ironclad sealing chamber beneath.
Originally it would have been double pole fused, but hopefully someone has put a solid link in the neutral by now!

Cheers dude. All the original cast heads round my way are resin/bitumen filled and sealed, with separate fuse carrier after the head. Hardly ever see fuses behind doors apart from the occasional pressed metal units.

Cheers dude. All the original cast heads round my way are resin/bitumen filled and sealed, with separate fuse carrier after the head. Hardly ever see fuses behind doors apart from the occasional pressed metal units.

Henley also made the separate fuse carriers, but they all had sealed hinged lids over them.

Hahaha i think so
Not so funny when you kill yourself or some jobsworth at the DNO decides to chase you for a nice fine! I wont pull any of them old ones after i saw a Western Power Video of the state of some of them, even the DNO wont touch some of the ones around here they would rather cut the wire outside in the name of health and safety rather than suit up like a wannabe spaceman. the newer ones are a bit better if there is no load but always a bit of a gamble. just be careful.

If you are going to take an assessor to site at least make sure it looks neat, an untidy job is going to leave you open to awkward questions and from your two threads I suspect this is not what you want. Fundamental things like no notice at the earth terminal are schoolboy errors and you are leaving yourself wide open. Knowing an EIC from an EICR would be useful.

Last edited:
Just saw the OP has a question about some test results i assume is to do with the same install on another thread... i have my doubts on whether you are ready to be assessed on Saturday @Abu be prepared for lots of questions and if you don't know the answers then know where to look for them in the relevant books.
Read your books to make sure it complies... sometimes the easiest bits are the ones most overlooked.
out of interest what scheme you joining? NICEIC stroma etc...

Just saw the OP has a question about soem test results i assume is to do with the same install on another thread... i have my doubts on whether you are ready to be assessed on saturday @Abu be prepared for lots of questions and if you dont know the answers then know where to look for them in the relevant books. out of interest what scheme you joining? NICEIC stroma etc...
I am holding my breath on this .
upload_2017-10-2_22-37-5.png

I suspect you can access conductors through the rear entry of that board mounted the way it is, why people do this is beyond me.

Very difficult to assess or comment,from only one picture,and some posts,but i know for certain,there's a length of 25mm sitting in a van somewhere,that shouldn't be...

Lets put to one side,the endemic lack of training that is the usual cause of most crap installations
There is no training whatsoever that is needed to look at any job,electrical or not and see it is not pleasing to the eye

Whatever has happened to the dressing of cables
Spaghetti runs like in those pictures,they are annoying to look at

Reply to R2 testing necessary for an eicr certificate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net