Discuss RCBOs for old Newlec board? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

lapsed

DIY
Reaction score
Is it possible to replace NLVB32 and NLVB10 MCBs with RCBOs, or is a whole new board required?

Board is labelled NLCU5PSW and is 20-25 years old.

Attachments

• NewlecBoard.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 17
It would be far far easier to replace the board than try and fit RCBO's, even if you can get hold of them. Its just the lack of space inside older boards that makes it a struggle, by the time you have stripped everything out to start again you are only left with a case held on with 4 screws so you might as well change that as well.

Plus the fact that you can sometimes get a whole new basic board from somewhere like Fusebox for the cost of a couple of RCBO's off different manufacturers makes it a no brainer.

Newlec was the own brand offering from Newy and Eyre (now absorbed into rexel) so they will be made by a manufacturer with newlec branding on them.

From the pic I'd hazard a guess that they are GE MCB's.

Reply to RCBOs for old Newlec board? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok, most new Consumer unit seem to come with a 63A RCCB and two MCBs. Most house consumer units now will also have RCD of some type be it a dual...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views
I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Hello Need to replace a distribution board in the next few weeks to allow for more circuits to be installed in January. Existing is a TT system...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock