Discuss Retro style pendant lights and 3 plate wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

download.png fyi

bit of digging above the light, now we have wago connectors and is quite possible to make a tidy job out of it. no more choc bloc and tape mess you see every day. in extreme cases solder+heatshrink method comes even smaller and neater but you need some practice.

or use the tried and trusted chocblocks, wrap with 2 layers of insulation tape and stuff up in the ceiling. it's standard manufacturers instructions with B&Q light fittings, and BS7671 says that these should be followed/taken into consideration. :17:

I would of thought you would be able to terminate within the back of the rose you showed if only 3 x 1mm twins just a bit of careful dressing and done

I would of thought you would be able to terminate within the back of the rose you showed if only 3 x 1mm twins just a bit of careful dressing and done
let's not get into the cross dressing scene yet. it's too early in the morning. :stuart:

I think the lads are being a bit pendantic Lanky, hehe.

I know mate, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. As for the op, just dog wago's in the ceiling and wrap a bit of black tape around them. As long as their accessible who cares! Or you can take 6 hours pratting around with a conduit box trying too hard. Dont work on price you would go hungry!

I know mate, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. As for the op, just dog wago's in the ceiling and wrap a bit of black tape around them. As long as their accessible who cares! Or you can take 6 hours pratting around with a conduit box trying too hard. Dont work on price you would go hungry!

Be pro and use the right colour tape over each Wago. :tongue3:

He's doing very well thanks Will, very keen and wants to have a go at doing lots of things, I think he'll make a good sparky. :)

Thats the best attitude to have, we get some right idiots! stand there, on their phone all day and have no GO about them. He should be a good spark if your teaching him mate

Those boxes that house the wago connectors are so small, you could push that up into the ceiling,or even the very small type 4 terminal jb.

If your struggling with space, you could twist and tape the connections! Seems to be the approved technique by chancers everywhere!

Thats the best attitude to have, we get some right idiots! stand there, on their phone all day and have no GO about them. He should be a good spark if your teaching him mate

Thanks very much mate, I think the obsession with phones is an epidemic now tbh, so many people and not just youngsters can't seem to leave them alone for 5 minutes ?!

Reply to Retro style pendant lights and 3 plate wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net