Discuss Show us your best installs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Ok we have a really good thread on dodgy installs, how about we show the good ones that we all do?

It does not matter if you are a 1st year apprentice showing off a 3 plate light fitting or a time served Electrician with 20+ years under your belt and posting up 3ph sub stations. Lets show off our skills :wink:

last job.jpg

I'll get the ball rolling, dont slag it off too much lol.

Ok we have a really good thread on dodgy installs, how about we show the good ones that we all do?

It does not matter if you are a 1st year apprentice showing off a 3 plate light fitting or a time served Electrician with 20+ years under your belt and posting up 3ph sub stations. Lets show off our skills :wink:

View attachment 32783

I'll get the ball rolling, dont slag it off too much lol.

Rough old job Paul, only jesting very nice indeed.

This is a Dust Extraction system for A regular Customer, I can't take the credit for building it though lol I Managed to get my van in the picture to give it some scope.gmes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers DW,You are now officially the new Paul

I wired a posh shed for a mate:
ba0af7778e90410693f082d1d03a150a.jpg
e0bccbb8e7022717c05cc9bfaf3752b4.jpg
63468163dae0663da47129f5c52372b1.jpg
41c34ffb34879277abfe87a7f71aafd1.jpg

And I installed a dimmer

d8d3091882038fb1c4b817f09ef71dd6.jpg

Plus I also made a bit of set for a local college's drama festival entry
8f61b36bad0a0cf89e8294c190d29a39.jpg

0d4ad65a6a3ed102894019e9adc636cd.jpg
Nice Micc, but out of shire preference, I always used 20mm couplers when terminating ends, less stress on the pot and conductors. Just how I was taught.

Nice Micc, but out of shire preference, I always used 20mm couplers when terminating ends, less stress on the pot and conductors. Just how I was taught.

I normally do use a coupler for going in to a box like that, but that job was purely about the aesthetics so I chose not to add couplers as they would have looked a bit naff.
It's not clear from the pic but the glands are the extra long threaded ones (by accident) and are spaced out with brass washers before entering the box, so the pot is pulled back as far out of the box as I could get it without compromising the aesthetics.

Not up to your full-time-pro standards of course, but here's my DIY PV install and home automation PSU boxes.

Attachments

• Panel test-Inverters.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 137
  • EB-1 Power supplies.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 138
  • EB-2 AMX Power relays, Touchscreen power.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Reply to Show us your best installs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net