Discuss Sockets on different phases in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There are times when it might be prudent to attach a sticker.

but to my knowledge, it is not a requirement.
I will of course change my opinion when someone points me towards a relevant reg. number.

I think they did away with the need for 400v stickers when they realised anyone fiddling with a lightswitch would have isolated it at the board first, noticed it was a 3 phase board and knew to check.
Because only qualified electricians work on electrics... right??

I did a really nice office fit out some time ago. Everything was new, crisp white walls, chrome trim round internal glazing units.
looked great, the real dogs danglers with no expense spared.

all certified, photographed for posterity, invoiced submitted.

2 days later, bearing in mind it was a job I was proud of, director phones me up having a right grumble about my work.
light switches not level, dirty fingerprints and even the warning stickers were on the ---- and looked awfull.

I said something along the lines of that was some of my finest work, and suggested we met on site right now to sort these issues out.

half an hour later we are walking round and he was quite right.
turns out there maintenance guy had been in after me, inspected my work, left prints on the walls and put ghastly warning stickers on the walls by the light switches and along the dado trunking.

boss was fuming, called let’s call him ”bob” to the meeting room.
one of the things that Bob was absolutely adamant about was that it was not to regs and should not be signed off because of the lack of warning stickers.

he really went for it, trying to take strips of my workmanship and understanding of the regulations.
I stayed fairly quiet for most of it, when the boss eventually stopped him and asked me what I was going to do about it I bluntly told him that bob was full of carp.
placed a copy of the wiring regs on the table and challenged Bob to back up anything he had just said by pointing it out in the book.

when he couldn’t do it, the boss thanked me for my time, shook my hand and said he would be in touch.

to my surprise when I got home that evening, still a bit worried about it all, I found the invoice had been paid in full a month before it’s due date.

Bob was no longer working there when I went back for some other work a few months later.

I did a really nice office fit out some time ago. Everything was new, crisp white walls, chrome trim round internal glazing units.
looked great, the real dogs danglers with no expense spared.

all certified, photographed for posterity, invoiced submitted.

2 days later, bearing in mind it was a job I was proud of, director phones me up having a right grumble about my work.
light switches not level, dirty fingerprints and even the warning stickers were on the ---- and looked awfull.

I said something along the lines of that was some of my finest work, and suggested we met on site right now to sort these issues out.

half an hour later we are walking round and he was quite right.
turns out there maintenance guy had been in after me, inspected my work, left prints on the walls and put ghastly warning stickers on the walls by the light switches and along the dado trunking.

boss was fuming, called let’s call him ”bob” to the meeting room.
one of the things that Bob was absolutely adamant about was that it was not to regs and should not be signed off because of the lack of warning stickers.

he really went for it, trying to take strips of my workmanship and understanding of the regulations.
I stayed fairly quiet for most of it, when the boss eventually stopped him and asked me what I was going to do about it I bluntly told him that bob was full of carp.
placed a copy of the wiring regs on the table and challenged Bob to back up anything he had just said by pointing it out in the book.

when he couldn’t do it, the boss thanked me for my time, shook my hand and said he would be in touch.

to my surprise when I got home that evening, still a bit worried about it all, I found the invoice had been paid in full a month before it’s due date.

Bob was no longer working there when I went back for some other work a few months later.
Don't be a "Bob"

The requirement to put in place a notice where voltages above 230 is present in or between enclosures was removed some time ago in one of the 16th Editions. It is no longer necessary.
...and that's a long time before Dec 2013, when this thread started.

Reply to Sockets on different phases in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net