Discuss Stolen tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That's pretty appalling security by Renault.

Anyone know how good the latest Transit Custom is for security? Anyone heard of one getting broken into yet? (I'm lusting after a new van that I can't really justify!)

the guy at the lock shop said he has had lots of transits with their side and back door locks being opened with a lock pick that you can buy online, no damage to the lock at all

seems like standard locks on most vans are just poo! unbelievable isnt it!

We had deadlocks fitted after the latest theft, bit late but hopefully stop any future break ins. I know a tiler in my town, went to a job to quote, while he was in the house some scrotes popped the locks on his transporter and emptied the van. Cheeky sods hung around and when he returned to his van they said £250 mate and we will get your tools back grrrr

the guy at the lock shop said he has had lots of transits with their side and back door locks being opened with a lock pick that you can buy online, no damage to the lock at all

seems like standard locks on most vans are just poo! unbelievable isnt it!

I suspect that's fairly old ones. Even mine, which is 9 years old doesn't have a keyhole on the side or rear doors, and I don't think the more recent ones have, either.

I got told a story by a mate of mine.

He was working with a guy on the same firm and asked him where his tools are?

Disapeared was the responce.

The firm had a container to store tools etc, locked tools away friday night. Monday morning came and no container

Reply to Stolen tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net