Search the forum,

Discuss Stolen tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi ya

had my van done over at the weekend. all my drills and hand tools and testers stolen. if anyone gets offered anything, please call the police asap as they did 4 vans in the car park that day. Was in Abridge, Essex

gear stolen was;

2 x dewalt 18v twin set's
1 x dewalt 36v hammer
megger mft1553
2 sets of hand tools, both in c.k magma bags, both pretty new, one with irizola screwdrivers and all the other tools youd expect from a couple sparks tools

all the drills and batteries had 'mt' or 'hc' carved in to them.

please contact me on 07877847883 if you hear of anything

many thanks,

mark townsend

Hi Mark, I'm sorry to hear the news. We get the odd call from people wanting to 'sell' second hand test equipment.

Do you have the serial number of the Megger MFT1553 in question? If so, I can send a quick email around to the majority of the test equipment suppliers in the UK and ask them to be on the look out.

A Megger MFT1553 in condition will not remain in somebody's possesion for long if it is being sold, so this may be fairly good news if we are to keep an eye out for it.

Best of luck

Unlucky mate. The people who do this truely are the scum of the earth they are stopping you earning a living and feeding your family. I think they should be branded THIEF across their forehead so eveybody knows what they are. I also think the *******s who buy the tools giving them a market are as low as the thieves themselves.
I had the back doors of my kubistar done twice within 2 monthes both times they busted the surround of the lock 1st time they didnt get in the 2nd time they did and got 2 battery drills and some hand tools (my own fault for not taking them out of the van) so now i have not replaced the lock surround and i clear the van of anything of value and leave it unlocked and you know what i have not had another problem since.
If you buy cheap throw away tools and it happens again you will not be so gutted
Keep your chin up

I know somebody that left his van unlocked and empty as it kept getting broken into, they got angry with the van being empty and burned it, he got nothing from his insuarance as there was no lock.....lost the van....he never replaced the lock...

There is a weak spot on the Vivaros/traffic/nissian thing, pop the surround off the door handles and you can get to the door locking mechanism ( like most vans unfortunately), my mate had his done 6 months ago and got some new door slam locks fitted they look factory finished and quite swish, they have a large plate on the inside to prevent a bashing screwdriver being punch through and levering of the outside plate. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Vauxhall Vivaro Slam Handle Kit - 2 Door Pack- Vauxhall- Slam Handle Kits- Garrison Locks

Ordered today thanks for sharing

Woke up Monday 10th june , got myself sorted and went to my van (5.30 am) started van, drove off thinking van was a little noisy. Got to work and decided to have a gander underneath as noise sounded like a hole in my exhaust. I couldn't believe my eyes, some useless piece of humanity had cut thru my exhaust and nicked my ' cat converter '. Just got it replaced today £1200 and change. Police said there was a lot of it going on, as thieving B's can sell whatever metal is inside for about £100. I have now got to make a trip to a firm that makes guards for 'cats' at a cost of £200, So all in all that theft has cost my firm £1400 + my time + company time + police time. When are manufacturers going to fit guards as standard . and start producing vans with proper security installed as a norm. I feel to annoyed to go into this in detail, cos if i did this post would go on forever. I will add that the firm who is fitting the guard says that a 'cat ' can be removed in about 60secs from a van such as mine or a transit or any vehicle that can be easily accessed from underneath, cars are not so vunerable as they sit closer to the ground . May the worthless scum who did this burn in hell.

Woke up Monday 10th june , got myself sorted and went to my van (5.30 am) started van, drove off thinking van was a little noisy. Got to work and decided to have a gander underneath as noise sounded like a hole in my exhaust. I couldn't believe my eyes, some useless piece of humanity had cut thru my exhaust and nicked my ' cat converter '. Just got it replaced today £1200 and change. Police said there was a lot of it going on, as thieving B's can sell whatever metal is inside for about £100. I have now got to make a trip to a firm that makes guards for 'cats' at a cost of £200, So all in all that theft has cost my firm £1400 + my time + company time + police time. When are manufacturers going to fit guards as standard . and start producing vans with proper security installed as a norm. I feel to annoyed to go into this in detail, cos if i did this post would go on forever. I will add that the firm who is fitting the guard says that a 'cat ' can be removed in about 60secs from a van such as mine or a transit or any vehicle that can be easily accessed from underneath, cars are not so vunerable as they sit closer to the ground . May the worthless scum who did this burn in hell.

Sorry to hear that, not nice at all, how people can do this I never understand, but it is, unfortunately, very common.
Just wish there were not other idiots who buy these from the thieves.
Does your insurance cover this? I suspect not since they will weasel out of anything.

Sorry to hear that, not nice at all, how people can do this I never understand, but it is, unfortunately, very common.
Just wish there were not other idiots who buy these from the thieves.
Does your insurance cover this? I suspect not since they will weasel out of anything.
company phoned insurance broker yesterday to find out, they will get back today, Boss said even if he can claim he needs to know how much it will effect next years premium before he proceeds, it may not be worth it.

Vanarack sell cat guards on their web site it's quite common on vans and camper vans a lot of dealers remove them from vehicles on the forecourt that are for sale then put a sign in window to let toe rags know its not fitted

all I can say is that the cucking funts that nicked your toools will eventually come a cropper.
maybe you should go down the same route as me and have 40KG of rottie in the passenger seat.
She's a sweet little thing but god help anyone who tries to get in to my van or house :)

Unless you have your rottie trained to eat on your command it might not be the deterrent you think it is seen a few dogs killed with a lump of poisoned meat

Transits were targeted a lot about 15 - 20 years ago the vans parked up at a telephone exchange one weekend had exhausts and propshafts nicked and a company I do some work for found one of their Transits with the bonnet missing one morning. Having said that it a lot of Transits were nicked with keys the thief would nick the fuel cap and get a key cut and return and nick the vehicle I always made a point of having the fuel cap differently keyed when I was buying vehicles when I heard of that one

Reply to Stolen tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net