Discuss Thermo dynamics for hot water that runs off atmosphere in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have one of these Thermodynamic water heater system,*Heat pump mechanism - AIR MACHT
Not this make but from a different EN61215 manufacturer.
It has been sitting in a container for over a year but I am going to install it in my storage unit and replace the existing immersion tank. The ideal situation would be taking the air from a kitchen or bathroom and exiting the air into the home for cool dry air. A computer room would have been ideal!
I do not expect this unit to save me lots of money but it will be tested for efficacy. There is a better version with twin coils which can be connected to a thermal panel. If it can be run off an off grid set up the it has a place in my plans with the thermal attachment but in a slightly better climate.

The first real live data from the Thermodynamic system from Energie can be found here LVP Thermodynamic solar Panels - Page 4 - boards.ie

You may find it interesting and revealing. I think the recovery time if it ever gets really cold will be knocking on 24 hours!

Came across a client who had been sold the AE (Austrian Email) hot water heat pump. They paid £4500. I cannot see this product on the MCS portal so it doesn't appear to be MCS. Client has been promised payments under RHI totalling £14K over 7 years.

Anybody else come across this product?

The client had a 3 year old gas condensing combi BTW and had been convinced putting a new 300l cylinder in the garage was a better idea!(Only two occupants) It was suggested they keep using the combi for heating!

How do they get away with it?

Came across a client who had been sold the AE (Austrian Email) hot water heat pump. They paid £4500. I cannot see this product on the MCS portal so it doesn't appear to be MCS. Client has been promised payments under RHI totalling £14K over 7 years.

The client had a 3 year old gas condensing combi BTW and had been convinced putting a new 300l cylinder in the garage was a better idea!(Only two occupants) It was suggested they keep using the combi for heating!

did you suggest they complained to trading standards?

if not, then that's how they get away with it.

Funny that,
Had email from them today, the heat pump only does HW not space heating and the only have two sizes 100l and 300l. So not eligible for the RHI. There is more to the RHI then just installing heat pumps. I think some people are going to be very disappointed

Here it is

This high-quality integrated hot water heat pump is a true breakthrough in modern technology. It boasts a high COP of 4.3, standard 7 yr warrantee & built in switch for free hot water with a Solar PV system. Currently available are 100L & 300L cylinders to provide 100% of a families hot water requirements. Coming soon are 200L & 500L additions to the range.

The combination of particularly high-quality components results in a heat pump storage tank which combines a range of technological state-of-the-art features. Its exceptionally high COP value of 4.3, the integrated external current anode and its working range expanded to -7°C are the exceptional advantages of this high-end product.

Why Austria Email Hot Water heat pump?

Features & Benefits:

• -150 yr old company
  • -Massive European market share
  • -Exceptionally high COP-value of 4.3 (in accordance with EN 255/3: A20/W15-45)
  • -100% of hot water provided
  • -Significantly extended working range (-7°C to +35°C)
  • -RHPP voucher available- £850 (T&C’s apply)
  • -RHI payments when available
  • -Wide variety of application options (Heating via heat pump or boiler)
  • -Extended 7 year warranty as standard
  • -Built in switch for free heating from PV system as standard
  • -50mm Thermal insulation as standard
  • -Built in coil as standard
  • -Zero heat loss between heat pump and storage tank
  • -Defrost function
  • -Very simple, very quick installation
  • -No electrical or refrigeration connection work is required
  • -Range of products available
  • -Factory tour available

The RHI, when it is finally announced, will only be able to be claimed by those holding a certificate of entitlement which is issued to the customer following successful registration of the installation by an MCS registered installer.

The hoops that an MCS registered installer has to jump through to prove that the system is designed and installed correctly have become more and more complex, nearly to a point that it is becoming uneconomical to prepare a quotation.

Any installations such as this one wouldn't hold up to the annual inspection of the installer by the registration body....in our case the NICEIC, and we all know how thorough their inspections are :)

I would guess that these people have mis-claimed to be MCS registered installers, which is an offence and can be investigated by Trading Standards. Maybe the customer should ask for the installers registration number as a first step.

Funny that,
Had email from them today, the heat pump only does HW not space heating and the only have two sizes 100l and 300l. So not eligible for the RHI. There is more to the RHI then just installing heat pumps. I think some people are going to be very disappointed

Here it is

This high-quality integrated hot water heat pump is a true breakthrough in modern technology. It boasts a high COP of 4.3, standard 7 yr warrantee & built in switch for free hot water with a Solar PV system. Currently available are 100L & 300L cylinders to provide 100% of a families hot water requirements. Coming soon are 200L & 500L additions to the range.

The combination of particularly high-quality components results in a heat pump storage tank which combines a range of technological state-of-the-art features. Its exceptionally high COP value of 4.3, the integrated external current anode and its working range expanded to -7°C are the exceptional advantages of this high-end product.

Why Austria Email Hot Water heat pump?

Features & Benefits:

• -150 yr old company
  • -Massive European market share
  • -Exceptionally high COP-value of 4.3 (in accordance with EN 255/3: A20/W15-45)
  • -100% of hot water provided
  • -Significantly extended working range (-7°C to +35°C)
  • -RHPP voucher available- £850 (T&C’s apply)
  • -RHI payments when available
  • -Wide variety of application options (Heating via heat pump or boiler)
  • -Extended 7 year warranty as standard
  • -Built in switch for free heating from PV system as standard
  • -50mm Thermal insulation as standard
  • -Built in coil as standard
  • -Zero heat loss between heat pump and storage tank
  • -Defrost function
  • -Very simple, very quick installation
  • -No electrical or refrigeration connection work is required
  • -Range of products available
  • -Factory tour available

I also had an e-mail in my inbox yesterday:
"Hi,
I would like to personally invite you to attend an open day at our showroom in Manchester next week on Tuesday 12 / Wednesday 13 February.

Present will be 2 representatives from Austria Email who will provide in depth product & installation training for our flagship product the ‘plug & play’ hot water air source heat pump. Training sessions will take around 1 - 1½ hours.

Our showroom was constructed as a demonstration, testing and monitoring arena which provides accurate real time live data and analysis for various renewable and energy saving technologies.

We would be delighted if you wish to bring along any other directors, managers or sales personnel. Various training session slots are still available for these days.

Please advise the following which best suits you:

1. Date (either 12/13 Feb)

2. Time slot (either 1pm/3pm)

3. Number and names of people attending

This will be a great opportunity to see the Austria Email hot water heat pump, our showroom and get some further training direct from the manufacturer.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards,"

Training that takes 1 - 1+1/2 hours has to be good :grin:

The RHI, when it is finally announced, will only be able to be claimed by those holding a certificate of entitlement which is issued to the customer following successful registration of the installation by an MCS registered installer.

The hoops that an MCS registered installer has to jump through to prove that the system is designed and installed correctly have become more and more complex, nearly to a point that it is becoming uneconomical to prepare a quotation.

Any installations such as this one wouldn't hold up to the annual inspection of the installer by the registration body....in our case the NICEIC, and we all know how thorough their inspections are :)

I would guess that these people have mis-claimed to be MCS registered installers, which is an offence and can be investigated by Trading Standards. Maybe the customer should ask for the installers registration number as a first step.

Can you tell me if ASHP systems running at SPF of 2.5 or less will qualify for the RHI. Designs such as High Temp systems ????

2.5 is the minimum level that is recognised as renewable heat under EU standards. It is worth referring to MCS data on heat emitters which may also add clarity. The results of the Domestic RHI consultation will be published quite soon which should give a clearer picture of what will be required in terms of qualification.

I have one of these Thermodynamic water heater system,*Heat pump mechanism - AIR MACHT
Not this make but from a different EN61215 manufacturer.
It has been sitting in a container for over a year but I am going to install it in my storage unit and replace the existing immersion tank. The ideal situation would be taking the air from a kitchen or bathroom and exiting the air into the home for cool dry air. A computer room would have been ideal!
I do not expect this unit to save me lots of money but it will be tested for efficacy. There is a better version with twin coils which can be connected to a thermal panel. If it can be run off an off grid set up the it has a place in my plans with the thermal attachment but in a slightly better climate.

The first real live data from the Thermodynamic system from Energie can be found here LVP Thermodynamic solar Panels - Page 4 - boards.ie

You may find it interesting and revealing. I think the recovery time if it ever gets really cold will be knocking on 24 hours!

Sorry that EN reference is PV! It actually has EN255-3 1997 for Heat pumps.

So if I install hight temp heat pump before the consultation finishes the customer will still benifit from the RHI ?
I suppose it could be possibly for them to be certified once MCS have got their act together. Don't know if this would be legit or not, but then I doubt anyone else would know this including MCS, but I reckon they'd be on dodgy grounds legally to refuse it.

Reply to Thermo dynamics for hot water that runs off atmosphere in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net