Discuss Thermo dynamics for hot water that runs off atmosphere in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Commercial RHI almost a year old, but has not been a great success. It is being reviewed to see what can be done to improve take up.

Domestic RHI likey to be conditional on completed green ticks except solid wall insulation.

you could be quids in purchasing the house.

"Or quids out".

I am not against this technology per se.
I am against companies releasing expensive, "work in progress technologies" onto the UK market, with bold claims, customers actually being "unofficial guinea pigs" attracted to short term financial carrots - dangled in front of them, for short term gains at the expense of potentially long term liabilities.
People installing these systems should install them alongside fossil fuel back up systems until they are confident that they work reliably, through successive winters without massive increases in electricity bills or they may find they have made a very large monumental mistake - the purveyors of these systems long gone into the hills.

"Or quids out".

I am not against this technology per se.
I am against companies releasing expensive, "work in progress technologies" onto the UK market, with bold claims, customers actually being "unofficial guinea pigs" attracted to short term financial carrots - dangled in front of them, for short term gains at the expense of potentially long term liabilities.
People installing these systems should install them alongside fossil fuel back up systems until they are confident that they work reliably, through successive winters without massive increases in electricity bills or they may find they have made a very large monumental mistake - the purveyors of these systems long gone into the hills.
what systems do you have in mind?

About the only systems that really fit that bill are exhaust air heatpumps where there actual maximum output is a set figure related to the maximum energy that can be extracted from the outgoing air, though this scientific factoid seems to have passed most UK designers / installers / policy makers by who seem to view them as some mysterious magic box capable of supplying whatever heat might be required.

I suppose thermodynamic panels are a bit more difficult to predict the average COP for, and this in turn probably depends a lot on usage patterns and installation methods, but they're hardly work in progress technoogies (actually IMO neither are, it's just that the competence level of UK heating installers / designers is woeful compared to elsewhere, so they keep being installed in totally inappropriate situations that result in the immersion providing most of the heating).

I was also sceptical about the training and have been curious about this product for a while, so I decided to go to their training day. I gave them a run for their money but as it happens the guy giving the presentation was very knowledgeable and they clearly have a very good product. They don’t have MCS yet but it is going through and I don’t see any reason they won’t get it. The product is a little pricy but it is far better than thermodynamics or any of the other hot water heat pumps that are on the market. I am fitting one in my house next week to test it for myself to see if it really is as good as it seems.

I was also sceptical about the training and have been curious about this product for a while, so I decided to go to their training day. I gave them a run for their money but as it happens the guy giving the presentation was very knowledgeable and they clearly have a very good product. They don’t have MCS yet but it is going through and I don’t see any reason they won’t get it. The product is a little pricy but it is far better than thermodynamics or any of the other hot water heat pumps that are on the market. I am fitting one in my house next week to test it for myself to see if it really is as good as it seems.

Confused ... So what product are YOU talking about?

Reply to Thermo dynamics for hot water that runs off atmosphere in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net