Discuss think it's time to call it a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do it Tel, you have earnt it. Make the most of the valuable time you have here. You know when its time to call it a day, seems like that time is now.
but i'm only 71. was planning to retire at 80. just got to kick start lungs in the morning with a smoke, whack the old knees with a hammer, good for a bit yet.

The thing is Tel, after a really knackering job like that you really do feel totally fed up, and with this weather loft spaces are evil places to be in ! I expect you'll bounce back again as you're a proper old school tradesman and could miss it. You should also have time to relax and enjoy life but you could maybe take on the odd nice little job, good for beer money. :) Most importantly please stay on here, you're very entertaining !

Its very ok to get help with a tough job - and remember

IMG_1134.jpg

The thing is Tel, after a really knackering job like that you really do feel totally fed up, and with this weather loft spaces are evil places to be in ! I expect you'll bounce back again as you're a proper old school tradesman and could miss it. You should also have time to relax and enjoy life but you could maybe take on the odd nice little job, good for beer money. :) Most importantly please stay on here, you're very entertaining !
going to concentrate on the smaller jobs now. state pension just about covers essentials ..... beer and smokes. for luxuries like food and bills, i need to work.

....he has theakstons old peculier on draft.....
I fell victim to that stuff about 25 years ago in a small pub in the Lake District. It wasn't even draft, they literally dunked your pint glass in the barrel to fill it. I think I had 8 or 9 glasses and it was all over, I woke up at 8am the next day face down in the middle of a car park covered in snow and with a case of amnesia.

I fell victim to that stuff about 25 years ago in a small pub in the Lake District. It wasn't even draft, they literally dunked your pint glass in the barrel to fill it. I think I had 8 or 9 glasses and it was all over, I woke up at 8am the next day face down in the middle of a car park covered in snow and with a case of amnesia.

...Now this grinds my gears,as a non-drinker...

Your story will amuse everybody,regarding the antics of someone who has indulged too much...but when i get arrested in Mothercare,trying on nappies,coz my crystal-meth was off,nobody laughs? ;)

I can fully sympathise with you I spent 7 hours in and out of loft today too it was not funny and worse I wasn't working in a pub either! I was knackered when I got in and I'm only 40, still ent got to sleep yet either and am up still doing paperwork! I could retire happy tomorrow, don't know how the government would feel about it though!!
Best of luck whatever you decide!!

I can fully sympathise with you I spent 7 hours in and out of loft today too it was not funny and worse I wasn't working in a pub either! I was knackered when I got in and I'm only 40, still ent got to sleep yet either and am up still doing paperwork! I could retire happy tomorrow, don't know how the government would feel about it though!!
Best of luck whatever you decide!!

after sweating all weekend adding 7 sounders to a fire alarm, most awkward cable routing ever, 5 separate loft areas in 18th C pub. think it's time i gave in to old age.

Sorry to hear that Tel, Good luck

after sweating all weekend adding 7 sounders to a fire alarm, most awkward cable routing ever, 5 separate loft areas in 18th C pub. think it's time i gave in to old age.

Sorry to hear that Tel, Good luck

Reply to think it's time to call it a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net