Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss think it's time to call it a day in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    after sweating all weekend adding 7 sounders to a fire alarm, most awkward cable routing ever, 5 separate loft areas in 18th C pub. think it's time i gave in to old age.

• Like Like x 7
  2. LankyWill

LankyWill Guest

You're not finished yet Tel, you now have the task of sitting in the boozer regaling your stories to the youth, i bet you have some corkers.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

You could spend your time on forums ............ hang on you already do this:):):):)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. happysteve

happysteve Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Dovecote Electrical
    But Tel, the pubs are still open for at least a couple more hours! You can't give up now. Power through! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dillb

Dillb Electrician's Arms

Do it Tel, you have earnt it. Make the most of the valuable time you have here. You know when its time to call it a day, seems like that time is now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    best part of that job, apart from customer being a star and paying up fast , is that he has theakstons old peculier on draft. can't wait for the next job, even if it puts me in my grave. at least i'll die happy.

• Funny Funny x 8
  7. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    but i'm only 71. was planning to retire at 80. just got to kick start lungs in the morning with a fag, whack the old knees with a hammer, good for a bit yet.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dave OCD

Dave OCD Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Hendry Electrical Services
    The thing is Tel, after a really knackering job like that you really do feel totally fed up, and with this weather loft spaces are evil places to be in ! I expect you'll bounce back again as you're a proper old school tradesman and could miss it. You should also have time to relax and enjoy life but you could maybe take on the odd nice little job, good for beer money. :) Most importantly please stay on here, you're very entertaining !

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Its very ok to get help with a tough job - and remember

IMG_1134.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    going to concentrate on the smaller jobs now. state pension just about covers essentials ..... beer and fags. for luxuries like food and bills, i need to work.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

Loft work would do anyone in in this heat. That said, you have got to be due a rest. If you can't quite kick the habit, at least just pick and choose the cushy jobs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dave OCD

Dave OCD Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Hendry Electrical Services
    I like a day nipping around doing little jobs, nice to have the time now and then to take your time and actually enjoy the work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    I'd be giving into to pure knackerdness going in and out five lofts in this weather ducking and diving in lofts its enough to make a grown man bite his own head off rather than face that!

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Marvo

Marvo Admin and gender confused Staff Member Admin

I fell victim to that stuff about 25 years ago in a small pub in the Lake District. It wasn't even draft, they literally dunked your pint glass in the barrel to fill it. I think I had 8 or 9 glasses and it was all over, I woke up at 8am the next day face down in the middle of a car park covered in snow and with a case of amnesia.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. PEG

PEG Respected Member

...Now this grinds my gears,as a non-drinker...

Your story will amuse everybody,regarding the antics of someone who has indulged too much...but when i get arrested in Mothercare,trying on nappies,coz my crystal-meth was off,nobody laughs? ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1