Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss To Notify DNO or Not Prior to Installation?? in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. stevie gill

stevie gill Regular EF Member

Hi Guys,

We have a request to install 15 Suntech 245's (3.68kWp) on a due-South facing, 35 degree pitched roof in Devon.

As the Suntech's have power output of up to +5%, I feel an SB4000-TL would be a good match.

Would I still need to do a stage 2 application, or as the array is only 3.68kWp, and the inverter would be setup to G83, would it not be needed?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SpitfireW'sale

SpitfireW'sale Electrician's Arms

Over 16A per phase requires notification. 3.68kW is the effective cut off for this so you should not need to do it. You would probably be better off using the new 3600TL, (although I have not run this through PVSol) which is limited to 16A I believe, so you could install a full 4kW system still under G83/1.

3. infinity

infinity Electrician's Arms

Is it just a single form the G83-2 to send into DNO? and do you need a response prior to install? Im in an SSE area so how fast is that process?

4. SolarCity

SolarCity Electrician's Arms

You have to get a response before you install. They can suggest that reinforcement is required and you may get a price for it.

Play safe and install a 16A capped model.

5. infinity

Its mainly through lack of choice! i have a tl4000 sma and a SB38oo this week to install. does anyone have a link to the required form? For sse?
    thanks

6. yellowvanman

yellowvanman Electrician's Arms

PM your email address and I'll send you the forms!

7. SolarCity

SolarCity Electrician's Arms

I'd be amazed if you get a response from them in time. Can you not get hold of an IG TL 36? Or a Kostal Piko 3.6?

8. Gavin A

Gavin A Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Leeds Solar
    just limit the 4000TL to 3680Wp, then change the installer password and note this on your appendix 3 form.

simples

9. infinity

Is this simple to do then? In the manual?
    Thanks

10. Gavin A

Gavin A Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Leeds Solar
    laptop, sunny explorer, bluetooth dongle, log in as installer, and it's in the right hand tab, 2nd option down, maximum AC output or something like that.

sorry, my brain's not in gear, long day on a particularly awkward roof.

11. infinity

Thanks Gavin,
    I have bluetooth built in laptop, is the installer log in details in the manual?
    Sorry ive not used this before!

12. finchy

finchy Guest

Our chap at ukpower network said to me within 28 days of install for g83, but I submit when customer signs contract. I would also recommend a sb3600tl. The kwp of array doesn't count its the inverter max 3.68kw or less being 16amp.

13. mdovey

mdovey Regular EF Member

The sunny explorer will give you a login window with a drop down list for selecting whether you want to log in as user or installer. The window also gives the default passwords (which for reference are 0000 for user, and 1111 for installer).

14. finchy

finchy Guest

Wouldn't it be great if you could interface via your Bluetooth on smart phones with an SMA app !!