Discuss Train 4 trade skills feedback in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi all- based in luton? hamilton house? cdf- same building? STAY AWAY- A PART OF SKILLSTRAIN! i'm trying to get back £2000

Just bumping this to bring all contributors to the attention of all the threads we have on our forums about Train 4 Trade Skills.

There have been A LOT of people who feel they have been missold courses by Train 4 Trade Skills. Many taking legal action.

Please see this for electrical course threads on our sparky forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958
This for plumbing course threads on our plumbing forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958

18 months On!

In summary my life has changed completely and my business seriously grown!

However:
My view of T4TS is they were CRAP!
The practical training & knowledge I received at Worcester brilliant!

But before I finally write off T4TS - actually do forget them!

I did my 2391 at Able skills dartfrod - tutor - crap!
I relied on my I&T revision from Worcester and passed first time.

So for my forget T4TS and contact Worcester directly.

Hi to all, I am currently going through some difficulties with train for trade skills regarding cancellation of an electrical course. Is there anyone else in the same position who is willing to get in contact?

same here.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all- based in luton? hamilton house? cdf- same building? STAY AWAY- A PART OF SKILLSTRAIN! i'm trying to get back £2000

good luck with that and tell me if you have got your money back if so my address is smuzzels2 at hotmail dot com don't ask about the name it's just that some one can't say somerfield right

Hi everyone,
I am planning to start a petition of some sort to present to my MP firstly and then to consumer tv/radio programmes to try to force train4tradeskills/barclays to acknowledge the have made mistakes. For 3 years I have been fighting to on my sons behalf to cancel the agreement for a electrician course he enrolled on. Too many problems to go into now but I have been down every advised route, finacial ombudsman, trading standards etc etc, with no luck, I have even been to my MP who wrote to Barclays partner finance managing director, who replied with excuses for their behaviour. Obviously they have everything tied up legally which allows them to get away with porr practice. My MP has suggested "bad publicity" and if we all group together we stand more cance of success.
I would be willing to collect via post/email all our complaints and present them firstly to my MP and the to a tv/radio consumer programme. I will post my email address if there is enough interest as I cant do this alone, I need names and stories. If anybody can think of a better plan please let me know.

Hi, just tried to PM you but it seems I have not completed enough posts to be able to do so. I am 100% in support of your intentions, and I am willing to do anything I can to help. I urge everyone else on this forum with similar problems to help to.
Can you try PM me with your email address and I will send you my situation with T4TS.

Hi tnicol,
I cant PM either, for same reason, but I will post my email address if enough people show interest, we could keep posting until we are able to do PMs. I have an appointment with my MP on the 14th Dec and will need all info from anyone who would like me to air their problems before that date.. I will keep posting to remind people. Glad you are willing to support this very good cause
Speak soon

Hi Everyone having trouble with train4tradeskills/barclays etc, Please show your interest in a petition I am planning to present to my MP on 14th December. I cannot Private message at the moment as I havnt posted enough times, but I will post my emails address, for everyone to send their stories, on this thread if enough people show interest and support ths petition. Get together your stories/complaints etc and I will present these along with all others interested.

Hi I too am having a problem with t4ts and just wonered if any body out there had finance through hitachi/any other companies if so could you give any advice please

Hi everyone,
My MP has agreed to liase with your MPs to support our complaints against T4TS etc, unfortunely Im not allowed to post my email address for you to be able to contact me, I need your stories outling your complaints, your names and address's so my MP knows which MP represents you. Does anyone know how to get round not being able to post my email address? I cannot PM as I havnt posted enough times. Until I can get your details we cannot move forward, Any ideas please????

Hi Again,
Re my last post, I have received a letter fom my MP today, he has confirmed that he is writing to Barclays on my behalf and also initiating a complaint with the FSA. So, my complaint is being dealt with, but is yours?? Please everyone the best way forward with this is to get an appointment at your local MPs advice surgery , its very easy, look in your local paper or local government website for details. My MP has offered to liase with all your MPs to add more power to the complaint. Tell your MP the nature of your complaint against T4TS/Barclays etc and also that other MPs will be involved, I cannot mention my MPs name so its a matter of them seeking each other out. The more complaints about the same company the more likely we wll have some success. I cannot believe anyone with a legitimate complaint would pass up this offer of help, as I have said many times before I have tried everything else and this is the best offer of help so far. Go for it, what have you got to lose?

Hi Onthecase

My partner has even worst case with Barclays Partner Finance and OLCI. He was able to pay for full course so they agreed he will pay a big sum-lamp and then monthly without any interest. But the guy who was representing the college let my partner sign the loan not knowing that it is the loan. My partner did not even fill in the form, he only signed it thinking that he is signing what was said. When my partner realized that it was not what had been said on the interview, he contacted both BPF and OLCI. The OLCI replied that the agreement is a subject of non-cancellation policy. The Barclays Partner Finance concluded that the findings in their investigations are fair and reasonable. But the true is that my partner was completely misled. He had the money to pay for the full course. The loan was £7854.00 – the cost of the course £5858.85 = £1997.15 overpaid money. There is no reason why my partner would wanted the loan. Anyhow, my partner contacted the Ombudsman, but they say my partner signed it, therefore agreed to it. My partner informed OLCI he will not commence the course and he did not pay a penny so the interest has been now growing for 3 years. He received a new letter from now called Marlin Europe I urging him to pay. I thing that the best way is to go against them and not just ignore the letters from them and accept bed credit record/depth.
I have the name of our MP and his email, but the English is not my first language as well as my partner's and I am afraid that with my type of writing I will not get the reply. Would you be able to help me and my partner to write to out MP?

Kind regards
Onthecase2

Hi Onthecase

My partner has even worst case with Barclays Partner Finance and OLCI. He was able to pay for full course so they agreed he will pay a big sum-lamp and then monthly without any interest. But the guy who was representing the college let my partner sign the loan not knowing that it is the loan. My partner did not even fill in the form, he only signed it thinking that he is signing what was said. When my partner realized that it was not what had been said on the interview, he contacted both BPF and OLCI. The OLCI replied that the agreement is a subject of non-cancellation policy. The Barclays Partner Finance concluded that the findings in their investigations are fair and reasonable. But the true is that my partner was completely misled. He had the money to pay for the full course. The loan was £7854.00 – the cost of the course £5858.85 = £1997.15 overpaid money. There is no reason why my partner would wanted the loan. Anyhow, my partner contacted the Ombudsman, but they say my partner signed it, therefore agreed to it. My partner informed OLCI he will not commence the course and he did not pay a penny so the interest has been now growing for 3 years. He received a new letter from now called Marlin Europe I urging him to pay. I thing that the best way is to go against them and not just ignore the letters from them and accept bed credit record/depth.
I have the name of our MP and his email, but the English is not my first language as well as my partner's and I am afraid that with my type of writing I will not get the reply. Would you be able to help me and my partner to write to out MP?

Kind regards
Onthecase2

Hi Onthecase2

Do not worry about writing to your MP, the best way to proceed with this is to visit your MPs local advice surgery. Your MP will have local advice centres where you can meet face to face to explain your problem. The telephone number to arrange this meeting will be on your MPs website, and its free!
When you meet your MP tell him that there are other MPs involved in this Train4tradeskills/Barclays etc complaint, I know of at least 4 other MPs who will know about our problems, getting your MP involved will help.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Regards

Hi Onthecase

Will do... I have all details now. Thanks again. I hope the MP will be kind enough to deal with my partner. I am afraid of executors. We worked hard for what we have. I don't want anybody looking on what we have and ticking what they can take. We certainly are not giving them any money. I am very angry about the whole situation. This world is bed. If not this experience I would not believe that louring into loan can happen in a college where you seek education.

Regards
Onthecase 2

I am not expecting from Electrical Trainee course proficient electrician skills. My partner's story is not about this. I am talking about expensive loans that are offered to students in these colleges and in my partner's case where he did not want the loan (did not need) and said it clearly to the college representative. The representative still slyly made my partner to sign for the loan. The college representative left my partner to sign completely different deal and not the one they discussed. He pressured my partner that if he does not sign strait away the forms he may lose certain modules or even place in college. That is what I am talking about.

Reply to Train 4 trade skills feedback in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net