Currently reading:
What van do you work from?

Discuss What van do you work from? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

57 Astra 'Sportive' .... nice drive, but way to small, worked out it costs me at least a couple of extra hours a week loading and unloading with gear, everything has to go in it's exact place... bit of a nightmare really, then every Sunday or Monday morn have to re-load with my stock items.

Still dreaming of a T5.... hopefully (fingers crossed) this year

vivaro's bigger! don't want to put you off, but i had one , a renault trafic with a differenf badge. worst motor i ever bought. spent more time in the repair shop than on the road.

i now got a nissan vanette. noisy , as engine is between seats, but reliable, economical, roomy, and cos it's a 1998, cheap to buy and no depreciation.

i've had the traffic and primastar(same van)-they are a walking piece of dog turd

57 Astra 'Sportive' .... nice drive, but way to small, worked out it costs me at least a couple of extra hours a week loading and unloading with gear, everything has to go in it's exact place... bit of a nightmare really, then every Sunday or Monday morn have to re-load with my stock items.

Still dreaming of a T5.... hopefully (fingers crossed) this year

yer mines a sportive 1.7cdti older shape than yours though, really nice to drive just a pain fitting everything in having to take stuff out to get to stuff. need something bigger really.

engine management stopped engine. went in under 3 year warranty to main agents. took them 2 months to get it sorted, then it went again after 6 weeks. had it fixed again, lasted 2 months, then another month, same thing. then to the auction, lost 3 grand on it .

pmsl they are great fun 2 drive once you get use to being over the wheels n CLOSE to the windscreen lol Like a big box skateboard

What was wrong with yours?

well i traded in the traffic after 14,000km,it was just out of warranty and dealer wanted 2k for injectors

primastar is relatively troublefree at 46,00km but i'm concerned about the engine-unfortunately due to financial constraints i can't get rid

it was handy for me to trade in the traffic at the local nissan dealership but i wish i'd gone for a hiace(it was a bit too pricey at the time)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a renault Kangoo, side door makes life easier, but often too small. Next van will be larger.

Test drove the Fiat Doblo Cargo (was given a voucher to claim £50.00 of diesel and a bacon butty) nice van, much more room than my Kangoo, I also looked at the Scudo, plenty of room in there.

Whatever van you get, get one with a side door.

LWB med high Transit. Great for internal space (just over 3mtrs long ) but can be a beast to park in some streets when doing domestic work.
It was supplied to me so had no choice in the matter.

Cheers,
Lofty.

Used to have an old 1998 Partner great van although a bit small in the back. Ive now got a MWB Transit with the semi high roof. Got all the gear in no problem and still got loads of room. Its probably too big for the work I do at the moment but I'm thinking about expansion in the future.

It will probably be a case of you weighing up what type of work you are going to be doing and matching the type of van to that. If you are doing small repairs and testing etc a small van like a combo would do the trick for example. If you will be lugging around a lot of materials etc probably something like a transit or vivaro etc

Reply to What van do you work from? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock