Discuss What van do you work from? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

got a merc vito 56 plate lwb

nice and nippy and plenty of room inside it but bit on the pricey side though with fuel

thinking about down sizing to a connect or maybe a vivaro

-
vivaro's bigger! don't want to put you off, but i had one , a renault trafic with a differenf badge. worst motor i ever bought. spent more time in the repair shop than on the road.

i now got a nissan vanette. noisy , as engine is between seats, but reliable, economical, roomy, and cos it's a 1998, cheap to buy and no depreciation.

Last edited:
Tranny connect SWB again the fuel economy is poor especially the way i drive it but then again i'm not paying.

Had an astravan when I first started. Outgrew it real quick too. Was a real faff having to unload most of the van to get something out from the back. So replaced it with a low mileage ex-bt vivaro. £5k +vat Inc all the bott racking etc. Best move I ever made. couple of mods to make it more ideal for my setup but its almost there!

3332a14f.jpg

Gotta love the racking! Lol

do love that racking thats amazing lol, i hope i have a van that well set out one day.

Thanks mate. Must admit everytime I open it I'm really chuffed. If something ever happened to the van which required it's replacement I would definitely go for the same again Inc the racking. Just about to invest in some new pipe tubes as the STD BT items are too small at 2.6m long (bott cut them down at bt's request!?!?!?) so I have to keep cutting conduit and trunking down by 40cm to get it to fit. :-( lol

Try n get the Caddy MAX howard the caddy is a great wee van but when I had one I was finding I had to take stuff out to put stuff in if you get mny drift leaving having to leave some kit in the shed

I've had a measure up and my connect racking with a slight couple of mods will fit into the normal one, but I will take your advice anyway as i hate having to mess about getting stuff out of the van. I also want one with the auxiliary heater fitted, i am too old for our cold winters now.

Cheers.............Howard

Had an astravan when I first started. Outgrew it real quick too. Was a real faff having to unload most of the van to get something out from the back. So replaced it with a low mileage ex-bt vivaro. £5k +vat Inc all the bott racking etc. Best move I ever made. couple of mods to make it more ideal for my setup but its almost there!

3332a14f.jpg

Gotta love the racking! Lol
is taht a van or a stand at elex?

I would love to change mine to a landy. Just didnt think it would be practical enough for me?

Is yours racked inside or anything like that? Which model do you use?

Transit Connect limited addition in a special colour.

!!!! Dirty WHITE !!!!

Just like mine then eh.......Gonna wash it today though, and tidy it up a bit, but not to the extreme that festerfly has gone to. Them tools are all far too clean, what does he use to work with? If my van was that tidy i wouldnt be able to find owt.

Cheers.......Howard

mine's that good, the pikeys dump their scrap in it

Just like mine then eh.......Gonna wash it today though, and tidy it up a bit, but not to the extreme that festerfly has gone to. Them tools are all far too clean, what does he use to work with? If my van was that tidy i wouldnt be able to find owt.

Cheers.......Howard

I have a cheap set of everything for working with... Lol. Nah. I just always try and keep things really tidy. Means they last longer and looks neater when you go to a new clients for the first time.

First impressions and all.

:)

I agree with you, if you turn up in clean van, clean "ish" clothes then you come across as the caring type, and it does get more work.
Anyway, thanks for the inspiration, i have just washed and leathered the van, tidied it out, got rid of all the crap. Much better, i have even sprayed some air freshener in it as well. I even sorted out the toolbags cos i was on a big rewire all last week.

Cheers.......Howard

Reply to What van do you work from? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net