Discuss Where does this go? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anne_mct

DIY
Reaction score
We are changing an internal rated socket out for an external rated socket. When we opened the casing on the socket theee small cross shape piece fell out and we can’t figure out where it goes back in. Can anyone help? Thanks. Refer to photos. image.jpgimage.jpg

TL;DR
Where does this go?
It looks a bit like you've taken an outdoor socket and undone the wrong screws.

Some external sockets have screws to open the case (to install/connect it), and also some screws to remove the front part of the socket assembly (which you would not normally undo)!

Reactions: DPG
We took apart the wrong part of the socket in hindsight. Can’t put it back together so a new one it is!!

We took apart the wrong part of the socket in hindsight. Can’t put it back together so a new one it is!!
Without wishing to sound unkind (genuinely!)..... are you confident in your abilities to do this?

Reactions: DPG
Without wishing to sound unkind (genuinely!)..... are you confident in your abilities to do this?
I can understand why you would ask! Annoyed at myself for taking it apart. I’m fine with connecting the wires into the correct spots in the socket. Done many times before. Thanks for asking

Reply to Where does this go? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just a quick one regarding the need for RCD protection for socket outlets rated up to and including 32A. I have been tasked to install...
Replies
Views
Howdy, I'm looking for help with my plan to install an extra internal double socket and an external double waterproof socket to my garage. I...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock