Discuss 3kw split array with an aurora 3000 - is it working correctly ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hello Mr Ball i know the system is now working after we visited today but i had to laugh when i saw this post just now.
My company installed this system last week.

After talking to Mr Ball on Monday i also made the same assumption as you guys and arranged a re visit.
I found that one of our contracting teams had decided to ignore:

1. PV sol calculation sheet.
2. Schematics showing 2 strings.
3. The 6 pole dc isolator in their kit.
4. Common sense.

They had not only wired whole array on one string but had lifted a hip roof tile then wired cable under hip tile then cemented back in to reach panels on other side of roof!!

They also installed 2 ac isolators 12 inches apart.

I should of taken photos but was so embarrasssed i sorted it immediately into 2 strings.
Also a whole catalogue of small errors that are too tedious to reiterate that i also rectified when i was there.

Shh dont tell him.....lol

Luckily Mr Ball came here and got as always friendly and helpful answers.

Cant wait to get rid of these rough neck contractors on our company (from an original 4 teams before tariff cut to 22 teams)

I may post some photos of the horror stories once its all died down.
Here are some of my electrical instals to show i can also walk the walk. DSCN0485.jpgDSCN0506.jpgDSCI0053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those installs pictured look very neat. Never seen diagrams posted next to inverters before either. Good idea.

Kudos to you too for replying to this thread!

Pfft i am just glad that he came on here and asked questions as he would have been left with a sub standard instal and worst of all a **** poor yield.

But thanks Deeyup for your comments much appreciated.

Yeah, nice looking installs. Good work.

Unfortunately, we have had problems with people we have subbed in and I've ended up putting a lot of things right. Our company has never undertook an install where I haven't been on site so I can always rectify mistakes.

I used a roofing team that was recommended to me by a friend of mine on this forum and they were awful - something that he hadn't known because he hadn't been around to witness some of their antics (loose bolts, screws not fully screwed in, wonky panels, ripped felt, incorrect brackets used). This team has carried out over 50 installs now and we both wonder how many they have bodged.

One thing that every installer on this forum has in common is that they have a genuine interest in their work and a desire to learn more. Unfortunately, there is a huge swell of monkeys out there that are good at making money but awful at using their tools.

One thing that every installer on this forum has in common is that they have a genuine interest in their work and a desire to learn more. Unfortunately, there is a huge swell of monkeys out there that are good at making money but awful at using their tools.

Amen to that brother Biggy

Reply to 3kw split array with an aurora 3000 - is it working correctly ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net