Currently reading:
Accenta Min G4 with AG6 problem bell

Discuss Accenta Min G4 with AG6 problem bell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chilworth

Hello, I'm new here and after some advice. I'm installing an Accenta Mini G4 Alarm with Honeywell AG6 Bell (SAB). I tested the system with a battery only and everything seemed to be working fine - once I fixed a fault on one of the RKPs. My problem is now I've connected to the mains and apply the battery link to the AG6, the bell sounds and won't go off. Removing the battery link silences the bell but it won't then trigger with the bell test function from the panel. Everything inside the house works as it should and when the alarm is activated the internal siren sounds. I also can't get the strobe on the AG6 to work. I've seen posts on other sites talking about problems with the AG6 but not many solutions. Can anyone offer any help please?

Thanks

There are 3 internal glass fuses, 2 of them, if I remove them, the alarm goes off from the SAB, so guess they are ok, if I remove the other, mains light goes out, so guess that is ok also. Thanks

3 PIR's, 1 bell, It's the same system that's been in for years, just replaced the back up battery last year and the bell box, only cos it was looking dated and wanted a more slimline one. All been working fine since fitting them about September time, until this chirping noise was coming from the bell box. If I put a tester on the wires that charge the back up battery, it shows 12v, but like I said, if the back up is disconnected, the internal sounder is very week, and goes ok again when the back up is back on, so the back up must be getting full charge.

Ok your not running more than this panel can handle, so is looking like the panel is not supplying enough power, last check before panel change is to disconnect aux cables, and test siren again, without battery, just incase a fault is pulling the panel down.

At the minute, I've disconnected everything, didn't want it sounding during the night! If I disconnected the back up, the alarm sounds, even tho the mains is still connected, so it must sense wires cut via tamper, and sound via SAB, so guessing the mains circuit isn't allowing the full electricity flow thru it to power the unit.

My line of thinking was, if all 3 fuses do something when I pull them out, they all must be working, but will check them tomorrow with a tester to make sure before ordering a new control panel, thanks.

Hi guys. Interesting thread with lots of knowledge out there. Can anyone confirm if mains supply fails and battery back up runs down, will this activate the alarm even in the unarmed condition. Panel is Accenta g4 with remote keypad, bell is Honeywell ag6.

The control panel is essentially a battery charger as the system is 12vdc great so the panel charges the battery and also charges the battery in the outside sounder . On a power fail the the control battery takes over and depending on size and age if the power is off long enough the battery runs down or flat and when the outside sounder loses its supply from the control panel it will activate by default until its battery runs down why well its a failsafe so if an intruder breaks in and switches the electricity off and smashes the panel off the wall the alarm will still sound.

But in real life is the control panel battery never gets changed as it should be every 5 years so when there is a power cut in a street some alarms start to activate straight away or 10 -20 minutes later plus if the power is of for say 7-8 hours the alarms that don't activate are ok instead of the urban myth that says they should because they are meant to operate ok during a power cur

Oldtimer. Thanks for the quick reply. Fully understood, explains everything. I had forgot about the rechargeable battery in the bell box being impacted by loss of mains. Many thanks again.

Fitted new Honeywell panel, and everything is ok again, pretty sure it must have been the transformer in my old panel not giving enough power out. Glad it happened in a way, other panel was about 15 years old, this one has some better features, such as one button arming, cheers.

Fitted new Honeywell panel, and everything is ok again, pretty sure it must have been the transformer in my old panel not giving enough power out. Glad it happened in a way, other panel was about 15 years old, this one has some better features, such as one button arming, cheers.

Remember the control panel doubles up as a battery charger so me thinks the transformer was ok but the charging rectifier can fail best way to find out is measure the input AC voltage to the panel and the output DC voltage from it

The alarm functioned ok when on battery only, but as soon as mains was on, gave me the problems. For the price of the panel at £38, wasn't worth messing around, just glad to have my alarm up and running again, never felt too comfortable when it was not working, especially as my garage is alarmed into it and my Motorbike is in there!

Reply to Accenta Min G4 with AG6 problem bell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock