Discuss Accenta Min G4 with AG6 problem bell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Listen I have seen this too many times with equipment being taken back because the person installing it does not understand how it works how do I know this cos I have been doing it for 29 years.

So best thing to do is get a beer then put a cover on the dining room table then make a temporary mains lead fit all links in the CP and learn how to work it now when you do that get an outside sounder with 2 metres of cable and wire it up then when you get this working its time to install both and you cannot go wrong

Thanks Oldtimer. So, do you know why both panels are showing Error on power up? Blurb says it is the easiest panel to install yet many folks seem to be having the same trouble. This query Googled shows lots of results

Yes, I realise you are not Mystic Meg as you mention above. :)

The error lights is a program error, but as oldtimer says lets get back to basics, i would thaught the helpline forgot to tell you to fit all links back before linking out z1 and S+, so this is what we need to do first, remove all cables and fit all factory links back, then we can reset and test the panel.

ALL panels show fault on power up Hows that you say because it power fails to fault so when you power it up you make sure your links are in ie PA, SAB , Tampers and even zones Then press the spring in and reset the panel and it will clear Then set & unset the panel . When you have proved that then release the spring the panel will go into fault condition then silence it now you can start putting the devices in knowing if there is a problem it aint the panel. Plus use your multimeter because this is you best friend doing alarms once you have done this then do the sounder last why ? because it will pee people off if you activate it several times whilst installing the alarm.

I have used this method for 29 years and to be fair your average domestic spark will run a mile from alarms because they do not understand them or the theory behind them.

Also read my bit on so you want to know more about alarms its all there

In my reply to Tazz last night which seemed to get lost in cyber space, I mentioned that when I installed the first panel I saw a sticker on the pcb which said the guarantee ran out in December 2011. The panel was bought “new” in Dec 2012. There was an IC in there with what looked like a date on it: something like 29/12/2003.

So this panel was sold a year after the Honeywell warranty had expired. The panel was returned as faulty to the supplier as instructed by Honeywell Tech Support. Supplier sent it to Honeywell who told them it was out of warranty; buy a new panel. So according to Honeywell, their warranty expired before the panel was sold. Neat idea!

The suppliers have been very good and sent me a replacement at no cost but lo; when I opened it up, it had the same expiry date for the warranty. Seems that either the suppliers sent me the same panel back, which I doubt, or they have a stock of Logic Six panels on their shelves with the makers warranty out of time.

I then wondered if the fobs may have lost their “memory” having been so long without use but surely they are inert and pick up their energy from being presented to the panel. They work in the same way as antitheft RFID chips on stock in tool stores for example.

I know the Error LED lights to show an unrecognised fob but the fobs that came with the panel are supposed to be pre-programmed to be recognised by the panel. I had not wiped the memory by linking Zone 1 to S+.

The panel does react to the fobs which suggests they are OK. As mentioned, the Error light came on as soon as power was applied. The key fobs had not been presented at that time so why would the Error LED light up.

If the above scenario is a possibility, then perhaps I should follow Tazz’s suggestion to wipe the memory and re-programme the fobs. Have I been fooled by the fact that the fobs appear to be accepted by the panel but have actually lost their “memory”

I wrote this before I saw the further responses from Tazz and Oldtimer. Worth leaving in for the warranty saga.

The error lights is a program error, but as oldtimer says lets get back to basics, i would thaught the helpline forgot to tell you to fit all links back before linking out z1 and S+, so this is what we need to do first, remove all cables and fit all factory links back, then we can reset and test the panel.

OK sir, will remove all cables and refit links ASAP.

Thanks again.

Hi folks,

I am embarrassed.
From my eye level, when I look at the panel, I see both the Day and the Error LED's ports clearly shining, hence my query.

I now realise that the green Error port was in fact picking up a reflection from the Day LED and when I bob down and look at the panel head on, I see that only the Day LED is actually lit.

The bell box is working as it should with the strobe also flashing perhaps six times to show the system is set.

Thanks again to all for your time and patience and apologies for my mistake. Perhaps we have all learned something: especially me!! I hope the wiring diagram for various alarm panels and bell boxes I posted above will be of use to others.

Best wishes,

T.

thanks for being so honest T appreciate the feedback but confused with regards to strobe flashing as this should only happen during a fault or an activation ie strobe is a visual alarm indication

thanks for being so honest T appreciate the feedback but confused with regards to strobe flashing as this should only happen during a fault or an activation ie strobe is a visual alarm indication

Thanks for understanding, Oldtimer.

Page 4 of the operating instructions ( green booklet) does say that when the system is set: "the external strobe will operate for 5 seconds which provides confirmation of the SET operation".

See: http://www.responseelectronics.com/manuals/Logic_Six Install.pdf

Towards the end of the document.

Thanks again

Yep ok my mistake this used to happen to the old optima panel if you set the exit / entry to chime

Just fitted the bell box battery and thankfully the external sounder did not trigger when I removed the anti tamper screw and the cover though the strobe flashed and the internal sounder triggered. ( I had my ear defenders on) This is in line with the blurb which says in Day mode any tamper only sets off the internal noise.

I can't see the LED on the bell box I was expecting to see when the system is set though everything else seems to be in order.

May be because the sun is making it invisible!

I couldn't understand why the panel was responding to the fob and yet Honeywell techie lady told me I had to re-learn the fobs.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

I'll drink a toast to the Electricians Forum members this evening.

Best wishes

T.

As long as its all ok, result

Thanks Tazz; it was pure chance that the panel was at the exact height to make it look as if both LEDs were lit.

I was glad to note that when I was up the ladder with my ear defenders on to put the battery jumper in place that the external sounder stayed silent. Big noise from the extension speaker inside the property though.

The red LED on the bell box is not visible during daylight but glows bright at night.

Thanks again to all for your help, patience and support.

Best regards

T.

Hi all, wondering if anyone has experienced the same fault as me on an AG6 souder box?

I fitted it about 4 months ago, no problems, all been working fine, but the other night, we were woken by the sounder making loud clicking and bleeping noises whilst the alarm was set. Since, it has done it intermittently day and night whilst set, The sounder sounds correctly when tested, and the alarm control panel shows no trigger. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Strange one? Wires all seem ok, and the system has been fine since fitting the AG6 in November. Checking the wires, if I disconnect the Red+ wire, disabling the outside electric, the alarm goes off and sounds properly, if I do a bell test, it sounds properly, but after re-fitting the + wire, the siren is chirping at a fast rate. I switched off the mains supply, so it was only using the back up battery in the main control box, but on switching on again, got the fast chirping sound for about 20 secs. I can only think the AG6 panel has gone faulty? Thanks for any help in advance.

The siren actually sounds properly in some situations, panic button, or alarm trigger. I read on a forum that weather can damage the circuit board in the bell box, and cause screeching sounds, and that's pretty much what it's doing. E-mailed the supplier and he said it is possible, but need to buy a new box and send other back 1st, so looks like that's my only option at present, thanks.

Hi, just replaced my Bell box, and still have the same problem! Done a few tests, and it seems, although 12v is coming from my transformer in the control panel, 12v is not getting thru the circuit board. If back up battery is connected, the internal sounder is good, but if I disconnect the backup, just having mains, it goes very quiet and slow. So, I'm guessing, going to have to replace the control panel, loads of wires! Thanks.

Reply to Accenta Min G4 with AG6 problem bell in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net